Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Hands-On True Crime Impressions!

Default My Hands-On True Crime Impressions!

I got my hands on a demo of this game, and decided I would post what I though.

In the demo there are two missions. The first is a drivng mission. YOu have two minutes to steel a car, and then get to a certain point. YOu have no guns or anything, so its all about the car. I must say the driving portian of this game is very nice, and I just love the damage model, even though I am still puzzles as to why when you hit a car from behind, the trunk starts on fire.

Next mission is a shooting mission. This is where the fun starts. Run around and shoot guys, and then have fun with the slow motion dives and kung fu fighting. All of it seems very well done. Its like the fighint from Enter the Matrix, but witht he quality of max payne. The only real complaint i have it that it auto targets enemies. I would take the GTA style aiming over this any day, where it doesnt aim unlss you hold down a button.

All in all, this game is shaping up to be fantastic. Everyone has called it a GTA-kiler, and im here to yell you that the boys at rockstar should be sweating there asses off, for GTA is no longer the king of its genre

Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Since this is just a demo, i cant answer everyons question, but I will try to answer all I can. And please dont ask where i got the demo, coz im not telling (of course this means someone will be a smart ass and ask, id put my money on shrew )

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Is the demo the one for Playstation 2?

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Originally posted by AlBoogy
    Is the demo the one for Playstation 2?

I do have a PS2 demo, as I subscribe to OPM...but I also have a super-secret, not-for-you-all-for-me, james-bond, spy-intel-enhanced, unpublicly-released, lock-down version for Xbox. THats why i cant say where I got it, they would have to kill me!

Your special :P Im telling

After the thing about the guy who had Raw before it was out, I dont believe people anyways
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Originally posted by Variation
    Your special :P Im telling

After the thing about the guy who had Raw before it was out, I dont believe people anyways
    LOL, I remeber that And for anyone who doesnt believe me, i will provide proof. I will put there name on a peice of paper and tape in to my TV, put hotwheels cars on said TV, and then have True Crime playing in the backround. I might even put something else in the picture to prove that its not a coincidance, im just that nice. So anyone who doesnt believe me. Send along your name, and give me a quote or phrase to write down on a piece of paper, and by chum ill create you an image!

Ooo Oooo.. pick me pick me!!

It was just funny when the guy went along with the raw thing for like a month, then admitted he didnt have it...
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I played the game at lallapaloza (sp?) a good month or two. It seemed pretty cool, but I was stuck playing baulders gate 2! To bad it has rap in the soundtrack, hopefully I can change that! Not that I mind rap, but when destroying $hit i prefer rock!
    Last edited by Shaggy; 09-03-2003 at 11:52 AM.

THE REAL BOSS

Yea, i played almost a complete version of the game at E3 :o

Sweet game btw
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Still waiting for the pics Viper, or r u pulling our collective legs?
    WWJD....for a Klondyke bar.
    Hmmmmmm Sacralicious

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Has anyone given him a name and a quote?

Member on the run

If you know the right people, it wouldn't be too difficult to get the demo probably. As Chaotic said, they had a pretty large demo at E3. Most of the demos that have come out on OXM in the last couple of issues are the exact demos that were at E3. So again...I wouldn't doubt if he had the demo. OXM is saying that they should have a demo in next month's issue too.

ok, I can do variation, and since no one gave me a quote....I will use |Games Wanted|-KOTOR, Fable, BC, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, Doom 3, NFL 2K4, Raw 2,True Crime which is the list of wanted games from docholidays sig. I am not doing it now, as im rockin out to Eve 6, but later tongiht if im thinking about it.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

True Crime seems like a good rental to me... To be dead honest, I hate the "lock on shooting" idea. If it's anything like Dead To Rights' lock on, I'll pass this game faster than I do currently with gas

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Add the quote "Trample the dead, hurdle the weak"

Originally posted by DocHoliday78
    Add the quote "Trample the dead, hurdle the weak"

I will do you one better. I am just going to take a screen shot of this thread and put that up there! I ddidnt have time to do it tonight, as I have four game reviews to write plus a in depth hands on story.... and i not even close to dont. Expect a picture with the next few days, hopeully tomorrow

**waits for his name to be famous....**

Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Originally posted by Variation
    **waits for his name to be famous....**

bah. I said your name would be there, i didnt say the context it would be used it

*cough* Variation *cough*is a looser *cough*

HEY...WHO SAID THAT!

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Maybe Viper is telling the true but who knows ? Anyway, just wait a little more....until it's out.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Originally posted by Viper87227
    bah. I said your name would be there, i didnt say the context it would be used it

*cough* Variation *cough*is a looser *cough*

HEY...WHO SAID THAT!

Sigh....
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

In that case...

write "Bakeman rules!"

Also, I read that you can target the enemies leg/arm/chest/head etc...

But from what you are saying it doesn't sound like it... is this possible in the demo?

I sure hope what I read is true, because it made it sound like you could shoot a guy in the head... but you might have wanted to shoot him in the leg so you could get info from him.

Thread Information