Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody playing Halo PC?

Default Anybody playing Halo PC?

I wish I was. My computer at home is straight duke tho. From what I've been reading, I'm missing some GREAT MP action with more vehicles, maps, etc...

Who can I live vicariously through? Maximus-XBA I'm sure...

Default Re: Anybody playing Halo PC?

Originally posted by FragMaster B
    I wish I was. My computer at home is straight duke tho. From what I've been reading, I'm missing some GREAT MP action with more vehicles, maps, etc...

is it out yet? ill be getting it as soon as i get the money (i get paid tomorrow )
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination." - Mark Twain

is it out yet?
    DOH! I thought it was. Ships tomorrow.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

If i have a super computer, i will get it !!
    Back into the world of gaming.

Chancellor Of Dark Enemy # 1 Stunner's Avatar

if i remmber right, me dark, and silvertrace were talking about this last night, this game will be badass if u have ur xbox closs to your computer...

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default Re: Anybody playing Halo PC?

Originally posted by FragMaster B

lol, dude...I wish I was getting it...my computer is likely not powerful enough to run it. My XBox even has a faster processor than my computer...my computer only has a 600mghz processor and the XBox is over 700. lol I do have the XBox beat on the hard-drive, though

Personally, I'm going to wait for Halo 2 instead of spending a few hundred bucks on this computer for upgrades. It seems more practical since I prefer playing the legendary Halo with my XBox controller and sitting on my couch in front of my 50" HDTV

I heard you'll need a computer that like will run Doom 3/HL 2 to run Halo.

lol, dude...I wish I was getting it...my computer is likely not powerful enough to run it. My XBox even has a faster processor than my computer...my computer only has a 600mghz processor and the XBox is over 700. lol I do have the XBox beat on the hard-drive, though
    Ditto.

Personally, I'm going to wait for Halo 2 instead of spending a few hundred bucks on this computer for upgrades. It seems more practical since I prefer playing the legendary Halo with my XBox controller and sitting on my couch in front of my 50" HDTV
    Again, Ditto... except for the 50" part . I'll have to get a little closer to maximize the 32".

if u have ur xbox closs to your computer...
    Why? U gonna meet in the Chat Lobby on the box so you can use the headset while you play?

I don't think I will buy this game. It would be awesome, and if I can get it cheap, I probably will. The multiplayer maps and vehicles and stuff are awesome.

I'll probably be like Maximus and just wait for the one game we're all waiting for, Halo 2.

Wondering Around

after playing around with it, i have to say i can do so much more with a controller movement wise. Certain movements are harder or near impossible with the keyboard and mouse.

Other than that, its a blast. =)

It's pretty fun, I'm just not into pc gaming though, like having my controller, but the extra vehicles are awesome

I might get it just for multiplay. But I'm pretty sure I won't be able to pull off all the "stunts" I can do very easily with the analog stick. Hell I like messing with the banshee making it spin around looking uncontrollable and just when I'm about to hit the floor I stop several feet from touching the ground. . I hope I can still do that. But I think I'll sit this one out and just get the new Empires game from Activision. RTSs are my PC vice.

Off topic: Anyone actually interested in Goblin Commander? If it does good I'll pray for a sequal.

To those that get Halo PC, enjoy. Hope to see you on the battlefield some day.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

same here, pc gaming is not my style, even though I play ut2003 and war3 the Frozen Throne every day! I much prefer console gaming and I have always beent hat way, so I am just going ot wait for Halo 2. Although, my friend bought Halo for pc, and he said the graphics are really improved, and the multiplayer is good, but I wilol have to see for myself.

I don't really see any graphical upgrades, atleast from the screens I've seen. Maybe just extra shine-mapping. But maybe I'll have to see it in action to notice.
    Hidden Content

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Originally posted by Stormlord
    I don't really see any graphical upgrades, atleast from the screens I've seen. Maybe just extra shine-mapping. But maybe I'll have to see it in action to notice.
    Well you need to get some glasses becasue this game is awesome running w/ resolutions in the 1200's and up. It is pure magic. If you got the pc to run it i would definetly recommend you try it out.

Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
    after playing around with it, i have to say i can do so much more with a controller movement wise. Certain movements are harder or near impossible with the keyboard and mouse.

Other than that, its a blast. =)
    Like what?

I have it too, its pretty cool, but i need more ram.

And the game looks great at higher resolutions and a super smooth frame rate.

I got a Geforce 4 Ti 4400 and it looks pretty sweet. But like i said before, i need more ram to make the framerate more constant.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by DocHoliday78

Well you need to get some glasses becasue this game is awesome running w/ resolutions in the 1200's and up. It is pure magic. If you got the pc to run it i would definetly recommend you try it out.
    So the graphical upgrade is higher res? Then obviously it's not worth it if my Xbox version has the very same graphics. Plus some people have been saying it's just as much as a system hog as Unreal II. I definately will sit this one out. I'll just get an HDTV and view my Xbox version on high res then if they're identical to each other. Only thing is multiplayer. But hey there's still Xboxconnect.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Stormlord

So the graphical upgrade is higher res? Then obviously it's not worth it if my Xbox version has the very same graphics. Plus some people have been saying it's just as much as a system hog as Unreal II. I definately will sit this one out. I'll just get an HDTV and view my Xbox version on high res then if they're identical to each other. Only thing is multiplayer. But hey there's still Xboxconnect.
    Uhhhh yeah, of course higher resolutions equals better graphics.

WoW halo at a higher resolution on your HDTV. You must have a special xbox copy that supports higher interlace modes made just for you. Good luck with that........

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by JJaX

Uhhhh yeah, of course higher resolutions equals better graphics.

WoW halo at a higher resolution on your HDTV. You must have a special xbox copy that supports higher interlace modes made just for you. Good luck with that........

Thread Information