Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: halo 2 multiplayer options!!

Default halo 2 multiplayer options!!

i was over at the official Xbox forums and someone posted something from so other forms.

As previously mentioned at these webboards, the band Linkin Park (http://www.xbox.com/en-us/news/0312/...sitsbungie.htm )Linkin Park got to play Halo 2 at Bungie Studios. Lucky for us lead vocalist (and biggest Halo fan) Mike Shinoda posted (http://www.lpfan.com/forums/index.php?showforum=4) surprisingly detailed impressions of the multiplayer modes at their own message boards,complete with exerpts of the Halo2 manual! Here is a detailed transcript of what he experienced:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you select Multiplayer you get the following options:

-(1) Cooperative ( Split Screen/System Link Co-Op ) [ 2 player max ]
    -(2) Split Screen [ 4 players max ]
    -(3) LAN Play [ 24 player max ]
    -(4) Xbox Live [ 24 player max ]
    -(5) Edit Gametypes

Here is a detailed discription of each:

First and foremost:XBOX LIVE
    Once selected you get these options:
    * Online Co-Op
    * Online Regular multiplayer ( up to 24 opponents ) CTF, Slayer, Race, Oddball and King of the Hill.
    * BattleGround: Halo
    Battle as humans (SPARTAN Soldiers), vs alien ( covenant Elites ) in a massive online multiplayer battles. On modified maps from the Campaign mode, you and 11 friends vs 12 enemies battle it out complete with interactive air support from Pelican Warships and Phanton battle crafts, unbeleivable!

-Cooperative:

Once selected you get two options:System Link and Split Screen. Split Screen is the same as the original game, where you and a friend plow through the Campaign mode together on the same TV.
    System Link allows you to play through the game with a friend on two different TV's and Xbox using a system link cable. You can also talk to each other using the Xbox live communicator if you'd like.

-Split Screen:

Been there done that, you and 3 other buddies kick each others butts, in games of CTF, Slayer, Oddball, King of the Hill and Race.

-Lan Play:

Hook up to 6 Xboxes together for up to 32(!!!) players, play all the regular gamemodes of CTF, Slayer, Oddball and Race.

The vehicles of Halo 2:
    Returning
    - The Warthog
    - The Scorpion Tank
    - The Ghost

New Human Vehicles:
    - The Gauss Warthog [3 passengers]
    - The Rabbit ATV [1 passenger]

New Alien Vehicles:
    - The Banshee Aircraft [1 passenger]
    - The Shadow Assault Vehicle [3 passenger]
    - The Wraith Tank [1 passenger]

Some of the new multiplayer Levels:

Hot Zone:

An medium sized outdoor level, that closely resembles the New Mombasa level featured in the E3 Demo. Consisting of twisting streets, bridges, towering buildings ( some which can be entered, for great sniping spots ), staircases and ledges with turrets. Guaranteed to take over Blood Gulch as the new favorite CTF level.

Amazonia

A dark,lush jungle level that resembles the "Timberland" level of Halo PC, but a whole lot better looking and atmospheric. Rolling Hills dotted with tall, thick rooted trees and winding paths between shallow rivers.

Inner Sanctum

A level inside the belly of the UNSC Cruiser Renaissance. Small strobe-lit corridors interconnect two large multi-level hangars with massive pressure lock windows with breathtaking vistas of planet Earth. Turrets on the second level make getting on top a critical necessity.

Levels returning from Halo: Blood Gulch, SideWinder, Hang'em High. Additionaly 2 levels of Halo PC are also availible: Death Island and Danger Canyon.
    sounds like the multiplayer for halo 2 will be about 10 times better than halo1's multiplayer

sorce

Well, I dont believe this since it didn't come from Bungie. And there was a contradiction in there. At first it says 24 max for LAN play. Then later on it says 32... I seriously doubt this info.

Originally posted by LiquidX
    Well, I dont believe this since it didn't come from Bungie. And there was a contradiction in there. At first it says 24 max for LAN play. Then later on it says 32... I seriously doubt this info.

Exactly

Not to mention Bungie has not released the names of the levels, as far as I know

whats not to believe

all seems possible

if thats the case then live will be off the chain

wonder how it deals with lag?

bust a nut

holy ****, 24?? damn nobody can host that much unless bungie or microsoft sets up a T2 or T3 server. its gonna be interesting.

The PSKT is for...

OK, now this took a whole 5 seconds of research, but i CLICKED ON THE LINK!!!!!!! and it's not their forums.

100% Grade A B.S.

EDIT: BTW, that post is no where to be found either
    Last edited by PapaSKooT-XBA; 01-04-2004 at 06:10 PM.

The Addict Formerly Known as Hidden Content / PapaSKooT-XBA

Yeah, whether or not its true.. I think co-op should allow up to 4 people.. Two is barely enough to be a true squad. I say with each extra co-op player more enemies should be added is all. It could be easy to do. THEY MUST DO SO!

Originally posted by PapaSKooT
    OK, now this took a whole 5 seconds of research, but i CLICKED ON THE LINK!!!!!!! and it's not their forums.

100% Grade A B.S.

EDIT: BTW, that post is no where to be found either
    yeah, it's fake. it was posted about 30 mins ago on another forum and i just clicked the link, and boom, i knew it was fake.

From ferrex (level designer for Bungie):

Come on guys, you know better than to believe it when someone posts "OMG I played Halo 2 today cuz my dad iz a Microsoft employee", so why are you putting any weight in "OMG I played Halo 2 today cuz I'm allegedly a member of Linkin Park posting tons of information on an obscure fan website"?

Don't believe anything you read on the internet, unless it's on our website.
    SOURCE

Originally posted by No Fear 23
    holy ****, 24?? damn nobody can host that much unless bungie or microsoft sets up a T2 or T3 server. its gonna be interesting.
    Every game handles latency differently. I'm sure if bungie were to make it 24+ players, they could do it efficiently

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Maybe the omnipotent mods can close threads that begin with this bs " Halo 2 has......." . BAN IT! DAM IT!

This is MY HOME

I wish people could stick straight to the facts and stop making up rumors! Oh well, this one could very well be true. And if you connect 6 xbox's to get 32 players wouldn't that make 5.33 players per xbox?
    Last edited by J4320; 01-05-2004 at 01:32 PM.

the waiting is to much:o
    dark cloud brings darkness
    www.swg2darkcloud.biz.ly

All that would be great. But we all will have to wait till March to find out for sure. Unless of course you have a Bungie employee in the family. It is bound to be great, either way it is going to be online enabled. So what is 2 months to wait, we all have already been waiting 2 years. Go Halo 2, see ya all online.
    Hidden Content

In the war of the worlds, the world will lose!

It'll be worth the wait.............

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I really hope that the Campaign via co-op play is on XBL. Oh man...

I am sooo Jonesing for this...

LOL I didn't like the sound of those levels anyway. Did someone ban this guy yet?
    Proc-to?

hey, yah never no, things can leak.. they leak for other games, could be true.. not sayin it is.. but Bungie isnt immune from leaks

Originally posted by MikeMan91389
    hey, yah never no, things can leak.. they leak for other games, could be true.. not sayin it is.. but Bungie isnt immune from leaks
    You really should read the articles and links before posting.....

Thread Information