Thread: Travelling with Xbox

Default Travelling with Xbox

Okay,

In a former thread I said I was going to buy me an Xbox, which I did past week (Been Halo'ing my ass off since then ).
    A mate wanted to play on Xbox aswell, so I decided to bring it to him for an evening and bring it back.

Today, in another thread I read about people not wanting to take their Xbox out since it doesn't really like to be dragged around ? How careful do you need to be with the Xbox (In terms of putting it into a backpack, or in a suitcase covered up with pillows) to make sure it doesn't break ?

Is it possible to replace the Xbox harddrive when it breaks ?

Cheers

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I've brought my XBox around to several places. Just don't knock it around places.

I've brought my XBox to bed with me...makes for a great teddy bear...and yes, I was sucking my thumb at the time, too...while in fetal position

Just bring it as carry on and protect it like gold
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

I travel with it all the time. Just treat it like you would any piece of electronic equipment. I carry mine in a small duffle bag with the rest of my Xbox equipment.
    A democracy will continue to exist up until the time voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury

RIP DZ

i've taken mine a few places. generally just put it in a backpack and take a few games and controlers in the side compartments. just carry it carefully and dont bang it on walls doors etc and dont drop it!

all fairly self expalnitary

tbuk

Treat it like it was your child (unless you have a tend to beat up your children) and you'll be fine.

Cool, thanks for the replies

I guess it'll survive with me, my NES from 1985 still works aswell

*Back to Halo*

Renegade of funk

I've had mine forever and it's been through some traveling. It's been banged up a bit. At it's worse, while in it's bag, it's fallen off the trunk of my car to the pavement without internal damage.
    I carry my xbox in a "Xbox Travel Bag" It's just big enough to hold an xbox with some padding. There is a bit of room for 4 S-types, a slot for cables, and I clip on a travel CD wallet to the strap to hold my games.
    So far so good.
    Treat it well, but it's not like a small baby or something. It's fairly tough and it can take a small bit of abuse.

i would think that as long as you are careful with it, it should be fine

duh

well my xbox is like my baby. it should be one of those items on the mastercard commercials that is labeled "priceless"
    when i took it to Montana for christmas i wrapped it in airtight plastic wrap (to prevent dust) and then sorrounded it with foam wrap and then i put it in my suitcase and stuffed clothes all around it. then it was perfectly safe

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I have one of those NAKI USA XBox carrying bags that I won from here before becoming a mod...this thing STILL rocks This is what I usually use to carry my XBox...the only negative thing is that it only can carry two controllers instead of four...but, it's all good

i take it to a friends house like once or twice a week.

it's durable as hell (xbox) - you shouldn't have any problems.

people who complain about taking it places don't have any muscles.

btw, i use this to carry it around..got it for a present, and i love it.

In Amber Clad

The only problem I've had with XBOX is finding a bag big enough for it, 4 controllers and a 27" TV....well scratch the TV, but I do use small duffle bag.

It's heavy and it might be suspected as a weapon of mass destruction at the security checkpoints, but assure the personnel that it is only used for good purposes.

I take mine places at least once a week, and its fine, and i just got the carrying case, it works good, cept mine doesnt have room for controllers, i gotta take those separate

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    I have one of those NAKI USA XBox carrying bags that I won from here before becoming a mod...this thing STILL rocks This is what I usually use to carry my XBox...the only negative thing is that it only can carry two controllers instead of four...but, it's all good
    Me too. I used to take it to a lot of places, but since all of my friends got an Xbox, I don't have to take it anywhere. I still keep it in the carrying case even if it is under my TV.

Welcome to XBA, Raiko!
    Hidden Content
    "Happiness is having a scratch for every itch."-Ogden Nash

Thanks

It's amazing how many people reply to questions here

Thread Information