Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B.C. Got Bagged

Jedi Master Shamshoon selowitch's Avatar

Default B.C. Got Bagged

I guess the mixed reaction to Fable doomed Peter Molyneux's other project, B.C., to which I was really looking forward. Rats.

Where'd you hear this? I was looking forward to it

Posted on the fron page, looked pretty good too

looked like complete crap... i dont find being a cavemen exciting at all... lol... Halo 2 here we come.
    My signature violates TOS, so it was taken away

I thought it looked to be an awesome game. Sucks that it got canned.

Quote Originally Posted by LikShotz
    looked like complete crap... i dont find being a cavemen exciting at all... lol... Halo 2 here we come.
    sums it up for me too.
    -Mark

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Seriously, when I saw BC in motion, I thought the game looked like it was straight out of the Super Nintendo days. Not impressive at all.

I thought Fable was a sweet game and was doing well. I wouldn't really know, I guess...since I'm not into RPGs.

Like Likshotz said, Halo 2, here we come!!!

ill say it again!!!! HALO 2! HERE!! WE !!!!!! COMMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!! you know what would suck? if lets say... "let me jinx everyone " your launch xbox isnt strong enough ot handle halo 2.. and we all have to buy brand new xboxs. lol thats somthing i see happening... anyone see that?
    My signature violates TOS, so it was taken away

Quote Originally Posted by LikShotz
    ill say it again!!!! HALO 2! HERE!! WE !!!!!! COMMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!! you know what would suck? if lets say... "let me jinx everyone " your launch xbox isnt strong enough ot handle halo 2.. and we all have to buy brand new xboxs. lol thats somthing i see happening... anyone see that?
    bwahahaha! That would suck! Good thing I have two relatively new ones and my launch box fried

I wonder if BC would still be on the up-in-comming if Fable would have done a little better and been a litte more impressive.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

To Hell with Having Fun Darkside's Avatar

:/

I was looking forward to BC.
    I don't care about graphics as much as some of you people. that thing looked great for its time.

Just the idea was really interesting.
    The media needs another blackout.

We got to see B.C. behind closed doors at 2003's E3. Even then the game looked incredible. Not sure what you saw Max, but seeing it played, it had some of the best graphics of any xbox game to date. It was quite an ambitious project, perhaps too ambitious like the fully functional ecosystem. This was probably the top game I saw at E3, yes even better than the first Halo 2 video they were showing. It's a shame that it looks like it got the ax. Hopefully if we are lucky, this will become a launch title for Xbox2.

Shame that unique and original games get scrapped, while we get 5 identical sports games that are the same thing as the year before that.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Ok. B.C. gets canned but it's also getting a sequel? Right under the article about B.C. being canned was a link to another about it getting a sequel? Did I miss something? It was posted earlier. Is B.C. still going to get a sequel? Will it be on Xbox 2 or 3?

Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX-XBA
    We got to see B.C. behind closed doors at 2003's E3. Even then the game looked incredible. Not sure what you saw Max, but seeing it played, it had some of the best graphics of any xbox game to date. It was quite an ambitious project, perhaps too ambitious like the fully functional ecosystem. This was probably the top game I saw at E3, yes even better than the first Halo 2 video they were showing. It's a shame that it looks like it got the ax. Hopefully if we are lucky, this will become a launch title for Xbox2.

Shame that unique and original games get scrapped, while we get 5 identical sports games that are the same thing as the year before that.
    I will admit, what I saw of BC in motion was on a broadcast of a prehistoric (pun intended) video camera pointing at a television. Obviously, it was not in hi-res. What bugged me about what I saw was the third person view and how the character remained in the same spot the entire time while the "world" turned when he turned. It seemed like the character turned unrealistically sharp like many 2D animations back in the day.

That's why I came up with the Super Nintendo analogy. I'm sure the version that you saw at E3 was far more superior and was likely in hi-res. I remember being floored when I saw some of the first screenshots of the game...so, I'm sure that what I saw was not representative of the game.

Just picture those amazing screenshots you saw in motion. That's what we saw. From what I recall, the 3rd person view/animation was very similar to Fable which would make sense.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Quote Originally Posted by LynxFX-XBA
    Just picture those amazing screenshots you saw in motion. That's what we saw. From what I recall, the 3rd person view/animation was very similar to Fable which would make sense.
    Believe it or not, I have yet to see Fable in action. I know I know I know...get with it, Max!!! Honestly, Burnout 3 has been owning my XBox for the past couple weeks or so...I'm still trying to get a handle on those damn Indy cars!

Halo2 and Unreal Championship2 here we come.

Will I buy another Xbox rpg? Will I but another Xbox2 rpg?

NO!!

First True Fantasy, now this
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Ah well, I was kind of dissapointed with Fable. So this doesn't bother me as much as I would have a month ago.

yep Fable is pretty boring so far, to repetitive....no care about BC

Thread Information