Thread: controller wishes

Default controller wishes

I think the xbox2 controllers should abandon two buttons, I know alot of old school gamers or newbies that are comming in and are a bit discouraged by all the buttons. Even though I can handle all the buttons with teh best of them, I think there should be fewer as well. At least put the black white buttons as triggers like the ps2.....I can play with the buttons fine but it is still kinda awkward.

Xorc1st

NO! The xbox controller is perfect. It shouldn't change. Controller S all the way!
    Hidden Content 27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" WIDTH="400" HEIGHT="120" id="stats" ALIGN=""> Hidden Content NAME=quality VALUE=high> Hidden Content quality=high bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH="400" HEIGHT="120" NAME="stats" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

Quote Originally Posted by Xorc1st
    Controller S all the way!
    You mean Controller F

No, less buttons means we would just have to do more button combonations, and that in turn would make things more confusing.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

skorp

Thumbs up

It's perfect the way it is...

It's fine how it is but more colour variety would be nice. Black, Green, Blue and Clear just isn't enough.

To Hell with Having Fun Darkside's Avatar

They should leave it the way it is. really.
    Last edited by Darkside; 01-28-2005 at 11:13 PM.
    The media needs another blackout.

Renegade of funk

The current configuration doesn't really bother me. They should carry these S types over to the Xenon as legacy controllers.

The only thing I could suggest is to move the communicator port to the bottom of the controller so it points towards you, and not away and have the wire all over the place.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I say re-release the Duke...damn it!!!

I think it would be cool to have several different types. For your shooters, you'd have something close to the S controller. For your sports games, something closer to what the PS2 controller is. I honestly wouldn't mind buying a couple different kinds of controllers if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Regosnot
    It's fine how it is but more colour variety would be nice. Black, Green, Blue and Clear just isn't enough.
    For us old schoolers who only use Dukes, there's only black :P
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I was never intimidated by the Xbox controller as foreign as it seemed right out of the box. The Duke like the Xbox seemed to be designed for adults and fits my larger hands perfectly. Now, when I hold a PS2 controller it kind of reminds me of a Japenese compact car. Small and cheap. I like the Duke, big, heavy, substantial like an American truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Variation
    For us old schoolers who only use Dukes, there's only black :P
    Well Put!!!

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

I would like them to get rid of the black and white buttons and make it so that you can press buttons with your middle fingers.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

XBA's MX vs ATV Master MXracer721's Avatar

i always thought that it would be cool to have the S with two different configurations of the d-pad and L analog stick. Have one the way it is and the other like the ps2...would make it easier for people to switch back and forth from ps2 and xbox.

no way... the ps2 controller is the most uncomfortable piece of crap ever!! i just played my ps2 for the 1st time in ages today, and i realised just how crap the contoller is.... the xboxs analogue stick design *one high / one low* is much better and comfortable, and i am a great fan of the black and white buttons, but i do understand how they may take time to get used to... but the S is a brillliantly designed controller, and is the best controller of all the consoles... but it was already confirmed that they are dumping the black and white buttons for xbox2
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Dbrizzle

Quote Originally Posted by sam smith
    no way... the ps2 controller is the most uncomfortable piece of crap ever!! i just played my ps2 for the 1st time in ages today, and i realised just how crap the contoller is.... the xboxs analogue stick design *one high / one low* is much better and comfortable, and i am a great fan of the black and white buttons, but i do understand how they may take time to get used to... but the S is a brillliantly designed controller, and is the best controller of all the consoles... but it was already confirmed that they are dumping the black and white buttons for xbox2
    Dude, you stole my next post.

Quote Originally Posted by sam smith
    but the S is a brillliantly designed controller, and is the best controller of all the consoles...
    EGhhhhh....wrong... Long Live the Controller F's!
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Maritimer

They'll change the controller up some, but not to much I don't think.. I like the S the way it is really, it's more comfortable then the PS2 controllers, but I think if they change anything maybe give it a little shape like the GCN controllers, I thought they were great for comfort
    Willy2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Xx 5pyGangs7a zZ
    Dude, you stole my next post.
    hey, why did you change your name??
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Thread Information