Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: replacment power cords

Default replacment power cords

Did anyone get theirs yet?
    I did and it looks pretty cool but its damn big.

I haven't got mine yet, but it shipped quite a while ago.

Didnt worder one, I like my launch day fire hazard
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Yeah, I got my today, about 3 days after I asked for one. It is pretty massive and it's got a light on it that doesn't go off unless you unplug it, but it feels a lot safer and it looks like I upgraded my power plug or something. And all for free!
    Hidden Content
    "Happiness is having a scratch for every itch."-Ogden Nash

I got 2 totally different ones - on 2 different days - even though I filled out the form within 2 minutes of each other. One has a little surge protector on it (like the test/off breaker in bathrooms) and the other doesn't. Pretty weird...

The PSKT is for...

Quote Originally Posted by Casper-XBA
    I got 2 totally different ones - on 2 different days - even though I filled out the form within 2 minutes of each other. One has a little surge protector on it (like the test/off breaker in bathrooms) and the other doesn't. Pretty weird...
    Why does my cord look different than the one my friend received?
    Not all cords that Microsoft supplies to program participants will look the same. The type of cord that is shipped will depend on the date the console was manufactured and the country where it is used.

http://replacements.webprogram.com/en-us/faqs.asp

The Addict Formerly Known as Hidden Content / PapaSKooT-XBA

I want a powercord with a light on it....
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

i ordered one, but they said there was nothing wrong with my xbox... which is strange because it was made before the date they gave
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

I got mine but that huge end gets pretty warm sometimes after I'm finished playing??
    Hidden Content quality="high"width="400"height="120"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

i havnt ordered mine and i got a launch xbox...

is the only probably the schorched carpet? cause... i have an advanced AV pack and just keep my old AV pack in my bag so i dont have to go behind the tv and get it... so i guess i could do the same thing with the power

I got mine today, weird big thing. Too bad that I only use the green xbox now.

At first, I didn't think I'd bother with it... Haven't had any problems with the power cord that came with the Xbox... Then I thought, what the hell and ordered one today.

I just got my Power Cord letter today, and I ordered it on the web right after. Mine was manufactured in 2002 :o .
    But I don't really think it's a fire hazard.
    Hidden Content
    ----------------------------
    Hidden Content
    -super_ryu/ RyuKid

Dbrizzle

Yeah, I really dont think mine is a fire hazard but my dad is wanting me to get a new cord so I guess I'm ordering it today.

w00t. mine shipped a few days ago!

BEATNGU

///Why does my cord look different than the one my friend received?
    Not all cords that Microsoft supplies to program participants will look the same. The type of cord that is shipped will depend on the date the console was manufactured and the country where it is used.///

So If you have 2 xbox's in your home, you ordered 2 re-placement power cords, and got two different re-placement cords in the mail; How am I supposed to know which power cord goes with what xbox??

"shut the f**k up donnie" TheWheelMan's Avatar

yea I just got the letter in the mail yesterday...I havent had any problems with my room catching on fire or anything but I figured id order it anyway
    My Games - Grand theft auto: San Andreas, Thief: Deadly Shadows, The Punisher, Mercenaries, Jade Empire, Splinter cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Splinter cell: Chaos Theory, Operation Flashpoint: Elite, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, Phantom Crash, Shenmue 2, Beyond Good and Evil, Far Cry Instincts, Breakdown, The Warriors, Chronicles of Ridd.ick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Tenchu: Return from darkness, Jaws Unleashed, Driver: Parellel Lines, Gladius, Just Cause, Indigo Prophecy, Flatout 2, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath, Urban Chaos: Riot Response, Men of Valor, Advent Rising, Otogi: Myth of demons

i just got the letter too.

Alright, this new power cord kinda worries me... Why you ask? Simple, its not just a replacement cord. A simple replacement cord would have meant that they used inferior insulation or the the resistance in the actual power cable was a little over spec... This cord on the other hand has its own freaking fuse. What THAT means is someone over at the R&D departement didn't think to put in a fuse in the xbox that was of sufficient enough capacity to kill the power BEFORE a power cable caught fire. Thats right folks, the problem doesn't seem to be in the cables we received, but more likely in the actual xbox itself. But then again, my xbox came with a thompson DVD drive... so I guess it shouldn't suprise me that it has the wrong fuses inside too.

Maritimer

I ordered mine the first day the warning came out and haven't gotten it yet
    Willy2.0

Thread Information