Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gears of War

Default Gears of War

This is the one game that has caught my eye. Cam anybody gimme some more info on it?
    "If there is enough religion to instill war, why isn't there enough to instill tolerance?"

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

I must say the graphics are far better than Doom 3.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

FAR better. There was a leak of gameplay footage on the internet a couple days after e3, i dont know if its available anymore. Go to ign, xbox 360, previews, and look up gears of war. You'll get all the info you need there, plus a neat trailer

EDIT: new wallpaper
    Last edited by TheCovenant-XBA; 06-07-2005 at 01:57 AM.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Jeez, thats an amazing screen, the amount of detail is jaw flooring. Just think of how that looks in motion in high def......

Banned

According to Gamespot GOW will release in 2006. I think Microsoft chose a later release date because of Perfect Dark Zero being the launch title. I like this screensot of GOF http://www.gamespot.com/x360/action/...ns.html?page=4

Gears of War was the best looking actual real-time game I saw from E3. Why is it doing to be like Kill.Switch with the hiding behind walls gameplay, I don't really like that. As for Perfect Dark it sort of looks like Half Life 2 with furniture polish to add a little extra shine to it.

skorp

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MasterThief
    Gears of War was the best looking actual real-time game I saw from E3. Why is it doing to be like Kill.Switch with the hiding behind walls gameplay, I don't really like that. As for Perfect Dark it sort of looks like Half Life 2 with furniture polish to add a little extra shine to it.
    Actual real-time gameplay is right!

I think the Kill.Switch gameplay could be useful when going against the bigger enemies.

For those who don't know what we are talking about. Check out the vid HERE!

It's fairly old, but for me, I can't get enough of it.

Thats what I mean when I tell people who think the 360 isn't much better than the original Xbox that they will see ti once its in their hands.

That is amazing and it only gets better from here. Look at the detail in the models and environments. Thats easily better than the Killzone movie (ommiting the animations in the CGs).

Nice video Skorp, it may not be high quality, but you can tell how good this thing is going to look once we see it in person.

WOW

skorp

Quote Originally Posted by OC Noob
    Nice video Skorp, it may not be high quality, but you can tell how good this thing is going to look once we see it in person.

WOW
    Hellyah OC! Just can't wait... Hope it has an excellent story and gameplay.

So far, so good...

I know the actual story is being done the same guy that wrote the two best Halo novels: Eric Nyland. That's got me all jazzed. Those novels were just some awesome story-telling. If he can bring the same thing to this game, on top of the graphics and gameplay, we should be in for a REAL treat.

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FragMaster B
    I know the actual story is being done the same guy that wrote the two best Halo novels: Eric Nyland. That's got me all jazzed. Those novels were just some awesome story-telling. If he can bring the same thing to this game, on top of the graphics and gameplay, we should be in for a REAL treat.

i heard about that too, on g4. Thats awsome. Plus, already its taken a lot of little "tidbits" from the movie "Pitch Black". which is also cool. The mythology in that movie was great.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Is that level of detail really possible? I mean that monster just looks plain incredible.

This is MY HOME

Ok..Story by the guy who does Halo, Graphics that I have to assume are a render because if it looks like that in game I may actually get scared, Online multiplayer...Geez, Gears of War could be another big franchise. Please for the love of god tell me this game has split screen co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by FB-Gollum
    Ok..Story by the guy who does Halo, Graphics that I have to assume are a render because if it looks like that in game I may actually get scared, Online multiplayer...Geez, Gears of War could be another big franchise. Please for the love of god tell me this game has split screen co-op.
    I think I heard it is supposed to have LIVE co-op. Haven't heard anything about split screen.

Man I wish this game was going to be a launch title but I guess we shouldn't push something that has potential to be one of the greatest games of all time. The screens and videos of this game are so awesome. I know this game is going to have XBL co-op but no sure about split screen. Does anyone know if it is going to have stuff like deathmatch online or have they not announced anything like that??? Since its coming from Epic Games I would assume they would bring us something new and fun as they have with the Unreal series.

Why not have split screen? I don't see anything that will stop them...the 360 could easily handle it.

The only thing I am worried about is it's in 3rd person. 3rd person shooters usually don't do too well, so I am hoping this doesn't become another Brute Force.
    "If there is enough religion to instill war, why isn't there enough to instill tolerance?"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony4sho
    The only thing I am worried about is it's in 3rd person. 3rd person shooters usually don't do too well, so I am hoping this doesn't become another Brute Force.
    3rd person? i thought it was going to be 1st person... ghost recon2 was kind of a mix between 1st and 3rd... that did well enough
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by mattgame-XBA
    Is that level of detail really possible? I mean that monster just looks plain incredible.
    I think it is because if you compare some of the things they can do with a PC that is much less powerful than the 360 you'd have to consider the possibility.

Hers some linkage:

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html...ogy/ue30.shtml

Screenies and engine info.

http://www.fileplanet.com/140731/dow...-Demonstration

Sorry, its the only place I could find a decent copy of the video.

Anyone read about Bioware licencining this engine for one of their next IP's? That should be a killer game.

Its a 165 mb file that I can give to someone else if they would like to host.

In the vid it shows that model and its got an extremely low poly count for its detail. This level of detail should be highly achieveable (sp?). Very cool technologies in this engine and lots of devs are usning it already to develope for the next gen systems and PC.
    Last edited by OC Noob; 06-12-2005 at 05:46 AM.

Wow. Gears of War looks incredible. The Unreal engine is kick ass.

Thread Information