Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skate Demo?

Default Skate Demo?

has anyone played it yet?
    I'm a huge skateboarding fan (too out of shape to do it anymore unfortunately).
    I've been waiting to play the demo, but my 360 is dead so I can't. I saw the vids and it looks nice, put playing it is everything
    Part of the Gaming Revolution since '86 Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Current Systems: 360 and Wii
    Systems I Own: Intellivision, NES, Master System, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, PSOne, Dreamcast, Gamecube, DS, DS Lite

The "Moderator"

i played it. i hate it. the camera is to low to the ground, the controls are terrible. it isnt a good game in my opinion.
    Hidden Content
    "Banana Scissors"

Gamerscore Whore

Love the Tony Hawk games myself and this new Skate game will be hard to get used too. I will probably end up getting it, but only to hold me over until the new Hawk game comes along.

Controls are difficult, but I think that is mainly being used to a standard with TH games. Graphics were pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by predatorprime View Post
    (too out of shape to do it anymore unfortunately).
    fatty x.x

lol anyways I wanted to try this out but I don't have space on my hard drive and i love my demos x.x

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by wulkar-XBA View Post
    i played it. i hate it. the camera is to low to the ground, the controls are terrible. it isnt a good game in my opinion.
    That's one opinion, but it reminds me of Fight Night, when they changed to the stick controls, people were like OMG THIS SUX, and now it's common.

It makes sence after a little while and you don't even think about it eventually.

Absolutely LOVE it, and I'm getting it over Tony this year (first year I haven't gotten the new Tony title).

Camera and controls do take getting used to, as I still want to hold a button to grind and such, but it comes naturally once you play a few sessions.

Feels WAY more rewarding landing a single trick with a spin or grab than Tony with a 1000000000spin, 18 backflips, and 10 minutes of manualing a combo.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

I must say that it's a very different type of skate game. Will I get it maybe I would have to see how the achievements turn out to be like.

this game kills any skateboard game ever made. the controls are awesome and you have to actually learn your tricks instead of being able to stomp anything after 5 minutes of play.

skate definitely does justice to the sport of skateboarding, whereas bull**** tony hawk games have been centered around trying to do jackass type **** with bam margera or whatever. its obvious activision doesn't know **** about skateboarding.

definitely a great demo and i will be picking up the full game.

Quote Originally Posted by Serg_w-XBA View Post
    I must say that it's a very different type of skate game. Will I get it maybe I would have to see how the achievements turn out to be like.
    LOL I was more concerned about the gameplay not so much padding my Gamerscore
    Part of the Gaming Revolution since '86 Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Current Systems: 360 and Wii
    Systems I Own: Intellivision, NES, Master System, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, PSOne, Dreamcast, Gamecube, DS, DS Lite

XBA's MX vs ATV Master MXracer721's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SnoochyBoochy View Post
    its obvious activision doesn't know **** about skateboarding.
    I think after making as many skating games as activision has, they know plenty about skateboarding. They are in the business to sell games, and they did so by making badass skating video games........yea they weren't realistic but they were still all badass and were designed to appeal to everyone which is why they are quite unrealistic. It is time for a change with skateboarding and skate is a nice change. I played teh demo through once and the controls are trick, but i think it will be really fun after a few times through. The one thing I don't like and was mentioned before is that there isn't a button for grinding, you just have to land on the rail.

Hidden Content height="60" http://assets.interscope.com/myspace/qotsa/QOTSAbanners/Makingpeoplehappy.gif"

My butt is on fire

i thought it was ****. on a "real" scale it owns TH, but fun factor TH ****es it in the ass so hard their kids will feal it

Quote Originally Posted by addict View Post
    i thought it was ****. on a "real" scale it owns TH, but fun factor TH ****es it in the ass so hard their kids will feal it
    I disagree, I am having more fun in skate, trying to land that one awesome trick, rather than a 1000 combo on Tony. Actually landing on that rail then doing a trick out of it is awesome, rather than going at a rail 90 degrees perpendicular in Tony then magically being able to grind it while doing a backflip

I'm a long time avid Tony fan, but it's time to move on to something new and different.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

XBA's MX vs ATV Master MXracer721's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Variation View Post
    I disagree, I am having more fun in skate, trying to land that one awesome trick, rather than a 1000 combo on Tony. Actually landing on that rail then doing a trick out of it is awesome, rather than going at a rail 90 degrees perpendicular in Tony then magically being able to grind it while doing a backflip

I'm a long time avid Tony fan, but it's time to move on to something new and different.
    Yea, after playin the demo through a few more times I've found it more fun every time I play it and yet it's slightly frustrating at times because it's not easy which is a good thing. The game is so completely different that it makes the game hard but is so badass when you land a combo like a hardflip, tailslide to kickflip out. In TH that would be nothing, in skate it takes a long ass time to figure out but when you it looks a feels awesome doing it. I haven't gotten the button layout figured out to where it's second nature yet but I'm thinking once I do this game will be amazing. I'm wondering what TH has in store for us this year with skate as its competition now?

Hidden Content height="60" http://assets.interscope.com/myspace/qotsa/QOTSAbanners/Makingpeoplehappy.gif"

I love the skate demo. It does take time to get used to using the stick to pull off tricks but after you get it, your really get it. I loved pulling off a manual, to kick flip, to grind, then back to a manaul. I skated when I was younger so having Skate more based in reality make it more worth it to pull this stuff off in the game. No more grinding a hydro line, to grinding a balcony to jumping of the balcony to grinding a rail to.. you get my point. Its also good for change and Skate looks to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by wulkar-XBA View Post
    I agree 1 billion percent!

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Wow what a mixture of opinions. I dl'ed but I have played. I'll try it out and add my two cents.

This is MY HOME

i downloaded it and at first the controls were tricky but its hella more realistic, and it really does feel a lot more rewarding to do anyting in it. and its sexy as hell
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by thatdude222
    dont overhype games......
    remember fable? me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Serg_w-XBA View Post
    that really is the dumbest way to base an opinion on a game
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by thatdude222
    dont overhype games......
    remember fable? me neither.

skate. was awesome, I really liked the demo. I won't pay $60 for a skating game, but that is not to say it is not worth it.

Like everyone is saying, once you get used to the controls, it is very fun and challenging; you actually have to master each trick instead of simply holding "B" and spinning the stick after ten seconds of playing to do a 1080 Benihana.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

This game already has a 9.0 from IGN.com

The Demo speaks for itself...on another forum there is a thread 60+ pages long already with people that cannot wait for this game to drop, including myself.

I believe the 40+ hours a day that I work and the 18 credit hours I'm at school are going to become a lot harder to get through each week after this game releases...

I will get the game and the demo is pretty fun.

21. Thread Information