Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did you all find out about....

Question How did you all find out about....

With over 5,000 plus members a part of XboxAddict.com's forum boards I was just curious to know how did everyone found out about this one in a million killer site?

I found out almost a year ago in a Washington Post article in the Style section.
    I never offically joined until the Xbox FINALLY shipped in November. And I have been addicted ever since.
    How about you all?
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 03-07-2002 at 02:00 PM.

just trying to find a site that had a better forum then gamespots, and happened to stumble accross this one!

lets see how many noobs crap on your thread today!

I was banned from Teamxbox forums for Sticking up for myself. (but we all know how that works)

But im glad i got banned cause i moved on to bigger and better. PLus the peeps here are 100 times cooler

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

I have definatly noticed new jackasses joining this forum! We need to make a thread of all the jackasses here so that people can ignore them or something?! It is so anoying trying to get told off by a newbie!
    Last edited by Shaggy; 03-07-2002 at 10:23 AM.

*JJaX Pops a Squat over Ninjas thread and lets one fly

**** im shooting blanks

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Member on the run

I found out about it last november when I tried a search for more info on the Xbox. I've been hooked ever since, though I hadn't posted a whole lot (just sat and watched). I've only recently, had the time on my hands to respond more.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I actually went to XBox.com to get more info on the XBox...and, you all must admit, the XBox.com website isn't as thorough as many would like it, including myself. So, I went to the section of the site that listed several "sister" sites and XBoxaddict and TeamXBox seemed the most impressive to me.

Personally, I felt that TeamXBox was a little too big at that time and XBoxaddict gave me a feeling of being "at home" in comparison. Besides, I find that this site is easier to surf, for me...and, I'm glad I made my choice! I've made tons of great on-line buddies!

I found this site around Nov 15, b/c after I bought my XBox, I was trying to find a more extensive list of games. I eventually registered after Xmas, to ask a question about DOA3, and write some reviews.

PunkBuster Support Guru Batman2372's Avatar

Thumbs up I found out about it from OXM

I was reading OXM, and they were listing off some of the best Xbox sites, and I started visiting all of them. Gotta say, this is the one I hit the most now!

It is a shame, though, that some of the "kids" (and I use that in terms of maturity, not age) are starting to get in here and just post garbage... what a waste.

Overall, though, this place is cool, and thanks for making it so, XBA!!!

I foudn this site one day doing a search from google.com. This was around in january and i hadn't became a member yet. thien finally someone was asking about s-video cables for there xbox adn i just had to throw in my opion about monstercable. After that i was hooked and there was no turning back.

I stubled acrosss this site in late november when i was looking for reviews on what titles to buy--

i found XBA to be the most up to date and thorough site out there...

I found out about the x-box in september, when I was really interested in Flight Simulator 2002 (by MS). So, a couple weeks before Nov. 15, I really got interested. So I went to xbox.com...I joined there, but the forums were horrible, and the members were even worse.

Right after launch, I formally asked Santa for an xbox...Also right after launch, I found Team Xbox, I never joined, just surfed. Around the first of December, I found XBA! I surfed the forums relligously(sp?) and checked up on xbox news....then after x-mas came, I was too busy playing my xbox to log on very often....around Jan 10 I joined XBA! And i love it!

It was a link on the main xbox site and the rest is history.

Originally posted by bryanhls
    just trying to find a site that had a better forum then gamespots, and happened to stumble accross this one!

lets see how many noobs crap on your thread today!

Yeah, everyone is better than the kid oriented gamespot forums.
    As far as the newbie's from yesterday Bryanhls, we made peace in the PM's.
    Yesterday was kinda funny for a bit, but after awhile it gets old and we are not here to bash & flame one another. We are supposed to be on the same team. Unless someone in here is a Sony fan I got nothing but love for all my Xbox comrades!

Google.com

Yer mom mentioned it last night while I was slappin the happy wave.... hehe I found it because I wanted a site that WASN'T as money hungry as Xbox.ign.com.

I yelled at them a few times, wrote them at length and the process of free information and online advertising, and of course they ignored me. Even though I was angry, I was trying to explain that they would lose a lot of viewers...but still, they ignored me.

Anyway, I was looking for a site that didn't suck and was up to date. No stupid tariff or tolls on this site and it doesn't just rely on itself, it takes from every site and every source it can get and organizes it for us.

I appreciate that. I hope IGN chokes.

BTW I know you all hate Gamespot for being biased towards PS2 games, but you know I prefer a harsh judge. That way you know when they give a high score that even they had to crack and admit that the game is amazing. I hate high scores for every game...it makes me sick...reminds me of fanboys...I hate fanboys...

Sincerely,
    Fanboy

do'h
    What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?
    I didn't know you had any feelings.

I found out about xboxaddict when I searched it up on yahoo. It was in the summer I think.

I was caught by its nice layout and eXcitement section. I still love to look at teh eXcitement section and I believe that this is one of the most (if not the most) user interactive xbxo websites on the net.

Talking

I had been visiting here for about 5 months, just reading and getting info, I don’t think I ever joined the forum or posted till the contest though. I found this through the link on the Xbox page.

Well I used to look at all the XBOX sites just to see what was going on, mostly it was TeamXBOX, XBOXgamer, XBOXAddict and XBOXCity. I bought my machine the end of November and games so I looked at this site because you had a trade site this was to get rid of that horrible Blood Wake as I was here I was looking at some of the post and it sounded like a good place to be so I joined

didn't get rid of Blood Wake here though, I just traded it in also I do live in the UK so the trading part wouldn't have worked anyway

OK and I joined TeamXBOX but the server was so sloooooow I couldn't take it, so now I'm here for good

the xbox magazine! Its written very nice things about this site!
    Are you Ready for the XBox Revolution?

Thread Information