At the start I was very hopefull. It sucked me right into their world like KOTOR did. I played it for a week solid, but every day I started to lose interest. By last night, I just wanted to finish the damn thing and have it over. The gameplay, while deep and pretty, just got too repetitive. Everything was dark and gloomy always. The environments were claustrophobic. It did a great job offering multiple paths, but you end up taking all of them so you can loot the whole building.

But the problem really boils down to story. I didn't give a **** about my character, or any that I met. I didn't want to help any of their one dimensional characters. It also tried to have an X-files feel, where you never really knew anyones real motivation, so you never found any characters you felt like helping. Now I'm no Halo fanboy, and I don't think it was the be all, end all of game stories, but it blew this pile of puke away.

The endings also sucked. I saw all four. They were short, stupid, and then there weren't even credits or anything. It just booted you back to the main menu.

Nice try Phil. I say close, but no cigar.