Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xbox = slaughtering cube in sales. Got proof!

Take It As It Comes TegSkywalker's Avatar

Default Xbox = slaughtering cube in sales. Got proof!

"Nintendo's projection that 10 million GameCubes would be sold by March 31, 2003 went unmet. The company had only sold 5.6 million GCNs by that period. Microsoft has sold more than eight million Xbox systems around the world since the console's release, according to Bloomberg. "

http://cube.ign.com/articles/392/392735p1.html

It's not an Insider article, so feel free to click for more info

I also thought the Cube was closer in sales, but you can't assume everything!
    Current Xbox Live Games: Counter-Strike, Project Gotham Racing 2, Splinter Cell: PT.

I predict that the gc will go belly up before this year is over with.

nintendo have made enough money rom the gamer market to not worry about a possible flop.

They'll bring out thier next gen regardless plus I think they'll keep up the support to ensure they don't alienate thier current fanbase.

Renegade of funk

Originally posted by japes1
    You have predicted poorly. They'll be around for along time to come.

Man, you'll get flamed saying that kind fo stuff around here.

Don't worry about getting flamed by making that statement you are entitled to your opinion. And you could very well be right about the GC going belly up. The console doesn't have much to offer IMO.

I don't get how that's possible.. because I heard GC was outselling Xbox (for like a month) cause of Zelda..and outsold PS2 in some area's too?

Originally posted by Xbox Owner
    I don't get how that's possible.. because I heard GC was outselling Xbox (for like a month) cause of Zelda..and outsold PS2 in some area's too?
    lol szee how it bit them in the ass? LOL. hehe funny oh well.

Yeah, actually if I can find the article, it was reported that Nintendo was outselling all other consoles recently. Of course that has to do w/ them releasing their holiday lineup a couple months after the holidays, but I really don't think they'll go belly up.

I don't own one, but I think the more competition the better.

I am happy that xbox has been outselling gc more or less consistently, but by that logic, then xbox is going out of business because Sony is selling more.
    RIP Dave

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Thats good news for the xbox. I hope the cube dies and takes its crap games and Fisher-Price controller with it.

I have a GC and IMO its actually very underrated, just as PS2 is very overrated. I didn't give GC a chance for a few years. Once I played Metroid Prime I was hooked. I traded PS2, and got GC. Metroid Prime, Zelda: Wind Waker, RE, RE0, and Eternal Darkness are some of the best games I've ever played. And Eternal Darkness is definetly the most odd game I've ever played. But Its my #5 favorite Game of All Time.

bust a nut

i beleive that gamecube targets younger gamers, while xbox and pos2 targets older gamers. what nitendo needs to do is to make games for older gamers and they could have a chance to be in the race with xbox and pos2.

just my thoughts

Take It As It Comes TegSkywalker's Avatar

Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
    Yeah, actually if I can find the article, it was reported that Nintendo was outselling all other consoles recently. Of course that has to do w/ them releasing their holiday lineup a couple months after the holidays, but I really don't think they'll go belly up.

I don't own one, but I think the more competition the better.

I am happy that xbox has been outselling gc more or less consistently, but by that logic, then xbox is going out of business because Sony is selling more.
    Nintendo likes to say they are bigger than what they are. I wouldn't mind the GameCube fading out of existence soon. I'm sure there are loyals to the Nintendo brand, but as it stands right now, it's just a waste of shelf space.
    Current Xbox Live Games: Counter-Strike, Project Gotham Racing 2, Splinter Cell: PT.

You got that right. I think that is what is wrong with the entire industry, there is to many consoles on the market.

You got that right. I think that is what is wrong with the entire industry, there is to many consoles on the market.
    There's 3...You people who want the other companies to go out of business are hillarious. Because the moment the crap games come out out you'll al whine. Why will crap games come out? Because developers will have no reason to make quality one due to the fact ppl can't get them anywhere else. The more competiton the better imo. GC is a good system for the record.

How realistic is it to have 2 of the 3 consoles, some people even have all 3. I say pick the best one and forget the other 2. I think that is how it is going to be eventually.

Thats because people only buy gamecubes for their first party games. No one buys it for the third party games. And how many first party games are there? well... thats why.

And I also think that there are too many consoles on the market right now. Theres been a history of only 2 consoles surviving when a third console arrives.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I definately don't believe that Nintendo's GameCube will go belly up before the end of the year, but, I do believe that if Nintendo makes the GameCube successor, a new and better Nintendo console, that is not backwards compatible, I believe it would dig a huge grave for Nintendo's future.

Max, isn't your sig too big?

Originally posted by Nameless
    Max, isn't your sig too big?
    Nope it isnt.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Overall...yeah, but the pic itself is not.

Thread Information