Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best XBOX controller?

Default Best XBOX controller?

What is your favorite controller? Are the Mad Catz any good, never tried them. I like the regular better than the "s"

The regular S controller from MS is my fav. I don't trust 3rd party controllers at all because I've had bad experiences with them in the past. They're cheaper for a reason, and unfortunately I believe shoddy construction is that reason.

Regular all the way. The S types are way to small. I've had a couple Mad Cats, from experiance third party hardware doesn't last as long. But my main controller is a Logitech wireless, I've had no problems with that.

I like the 'S' the best. The button layout just works better on that controller than the regular one does. My Mad Catz are there for the few times I have more than 2 people playing. They're just no good.
    Hidden Content

Have:
    Halo, Tetris Worlds, Ghost Recon, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003, NCAA 2004, Jedi Starfighter, Rainbow Six 3, Top Spin

Want:
    Available - KOTOR
    Future - Halo 2

Member on the run

S...I liked the regular big ones since I had one from the start, but when mine stopped working I went out and picked up an S and haven't stopped using it since. Everytime I try and pick up the big one now though it feels too awkard to me. So the S controller has become my favorite.

Originally posted by NINE BREAKER
    Regular all the way. The S types are way to small. I've had a couple Mad Cats, from experiance third party hardware doesn't last as long. But my main controller is a Logitech wireless, I've had no problems with that.
    Logitech wireless = Drool

What a cool looking controller. And it got great reviews. Too bad it's $100 CDN. Unfortunately I will never own one.

Ever since I got my Xbox I had always played with the big controller and I liked it, but then I got a S controller and I have been using that for the past couple of weeks, mainly I like both, and I use both. About the Mad Catz controller my S controller is Mad Catz and works perfect never had any problems with it.
    Hidden Content

Thanks bretman1234 for the sig
    Hidden Content

S-controller rocks! The big X-box controller is too bulky. Mad Catz controllers are no better than any other 3rd party deal, they are all mostly crap. Stick with the original equipment.
    Killing is my business and business is good!

I prefer the S more than the original. Its more comfortable.

The Mad Catz is horrible. I had one and it broke after only one week. I didn't even use it that much. one day the thumbstick just snaped off.

Controller S. the regular seems a littlte to bulky, but hey, it great for people with bigger hands. i like it because of where the white and black buttons are located, so they're easy to reach and you don't have to stretch your thumb (yes, i'm that lazy not to want to stretch my thumb ) i don't go with the 3rd party controllers. i used to, until most of the ones i had, made my character walk around in circles, infront of traffic, or get himself/herself killed because the x and y axis got messed up and i had to reset them
    Ghost Recon rule #3; two to the chest and one to the head means they're pretty much dead

"Angels that are forced from heaven must become demons."
    --Vicious

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I have 4 original ones and one third party piece of crap that i got because they didnt have any original ones left when i bought my xbox...oh well. I dont like the s controller because the white and black buttons are in a very odd place, and I think its hard to reach when the button is under your hand...

guess i'll have to try the regular XBox controller. i got the bundle pack around christmas (xbox, controller s, 2 free games), and haven't tried another one since. i think that's what some people do, though they don't admit it; get one controller, like it, stick with it, and diss other controllers. i'm kinda waiting on a good affordable wireless controller.
    Ghost Recon rule #3; two to the chest and one to the head means they're pretty much dead

"Angels that are forced from heaven must become demons."
    --Vicious

I got the bundle for Christmas myself and an additional full size controller that I tried and hated so I traded it on an S-controller. I got a steering wheel for Sega GT also but haven't used it much. I had trouble with the throttle not going to full when fully depressed. That sucked! Every car in the game was blowing passed me until I switched to a regular controller. It's a shame too because the wheel is much more fun to play the game with.
    Killing is my business and business is good!

I think the MatCatz controllers are definitely the best of them all

WHEN THE HELL IS MS COMING OUT WITH A WIRELESS CONTROLLER!?!?!

I love the orignal controller.

i'm hoping i win one of those nyko airflow controllers 2night....then i'll be able to tell which is best

My fav is the Controller S, I have 2 3rd Party(mad catz, which I recieved for free), the airflo one, and the original HUGE xbox controller.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I dont see any problem with the original controller unless your hand is the size of a dime...i prefer actually having something to hold on to other than having my fingers bunched up underneath the controller s, with the black and white buttons under by hand...

I don't mind the regular controller at all.

I'm buying 2 Controller S's though, and tonight I won the airflo controller

then again, i probably don't mind the regular controller cause I can palm and dunk a basketball, o, and I"m just about 16
    May 6th, 2003 -9:15 PM- Won AirFlo Controller in Contest Hidden Content

Thread Information