Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best console FPS of all time?

Default Whats the best console FPS of all time?

Im having a hard time deciding this for myself. There are three that are in question for me. These are of course, Halo, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark. They all have their own strong points, tis why I cant decide. Maybe I shall have to wait until Halo 2 arrives, or maybe Perfect Dark Zero, or Game Zero, to finally make my decision.

I'd have to go w/ Goldeneye. Without that one, I might never have picked up an FPS. Didn't really like 'em much. Now they are the majority of games that I play.

Actually had pretty much given up on gaming until I played that one.
    RIP Dave

I think Im one of the few people around that like console FPS more than PC fps.

I would put Metroid Prime right up there with the best of 'em.

I love metroid prime, but I would classify it as more of a FPSA.....a first person shooter adventure. FPS in my mind have to have good multiplayer.

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Default well

I have a 6 way tie!!!!

each best in its catergory..

Best FPS for it's time, revolutionized FPS's:
    Goldeneye/Half-Life

Best Action Single Player
    Halo

Best Adventure Single Player
    Metroid Prime

Best Online
    RTCW/Ghost Recon

Is RTCW out for the box yet?

I guess it is, because its @ my local blockbuster.

Default Re: Whats the best console FPS of all time?

Originally posted by chunk83
    Im having a hard time deciding this for myself. There are three that are in question for me. These are of course, Halo, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark. They all have their own strong points, tis why I cant decide. Maybe I shall have to wait until Halo 2 arrives, or maybe Perfect Dark Zero, or Game Zero, to finally make my decision.
    I hate to say this, but does it really matter? I mean is it like for a school report or something? lol but seriously is this like a do or die thing?

I am just trying to see what others think about what the greatest console FPS of all time is. It isnt a pressing matter, if it was, I wouldnt be posting it online.

Why wouldn't you post it online?!?!? Do you not trust us?!?!

No, im simply saying that not everything has to be a pressing matter. Im just looking for peoples opinions.

ohhh ok so this is basically a pointless thread, for me that is. It might come in handy for you.

Vorticity

If you don't like a particular thread just skip it and let others be able to read and respond without having to look at pointless posts within the thread. The guy is just looking for gaming opinions. What the hell is the big deal?

the best are doom and goldeneye

My all time favorite is Goldeneye, that game was the first FPS that I liked.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

The best FPS, in my opinion, is Halo. I've never played an FPS for so long and have it maintain an equal or increasing level of interest. I bought Halo at launch and I still play it every other day...sometimes everyday. Right now, RTCW has been receiving most of my attention, though...because it's new and well, it's bad ass!

Perfect Dark and Metroid Prime.

Vorticity

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
    The best FPS, in my opinion, is Halo. I've never played an FPS for so long and have it maintain an equal or increasing level of interest. I bought Halo at launch and I still play it every other day...sometimes everyday. Right now, RTCW has been receiving most of my attention, though...because it's new and well, it's bad ass!
    Indeed. Before buying Halo I was strictly a sports player. After playing Halo I am into shooters more than I am sports.

I would say goldeneye because we played it every weekend for probably 5 months, but we only played multiplayer. Halo however had a kickass co-op and you could be on different tvs in multiplayer i.e no looking off screens.

Thread Information