Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First trailer of MGS3!!!!

Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

nice! He went rambo on everyone's ass. 400 vs 1, and he still managed to get pass and set a whole forest on fire.

This sucks it looks like it's gonna be a PS2 title

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!!!!!!

Why can't XBox get this game?!? And once again Halo is face to face with one of the best damn games in history.

Halo 2 vs. MGS3: Snake Eater!!

Yeah.......XBox will probably get this game a year after Playstation..........as usual

I don't know about you guys, but I think Playstation is making an amazing comeback with all these great games they're bring out this year. I don't know you guys...........I think XBox needs more than just Halo 2 to depend on its future.

BTW: Great find Brevity......where'd you find this anyway?

im sure the xbox and ps2 versions will be out at the same time this time around....looks like it takes place in South Africa like the first original metal gear(NES) thats my guess....maybe he goes back there for some reason

Originally posted by VenoM
    im sure the xbox and ps2 versions will be out at the same time this time around....looks like it takes place in South Africa like the first original metal gear(NES) thats my guess....maybe he goes back there for some reason
    Your right VenoM, I never even thought about that when I first saw that vid. Nice catch

Originally posted by wweomaniac
    nice! He went rambo on everyone's ass. 400 vs 1, and he still managed to get pass and set a whole forest on fire.
    lol where did you see 400 guys? i saw like 10

i heard from a very respectable website that heard from a ver respectable japanese gaming magazine that this game was going to be exclusive for gamecube. The reliable source being gamerfeed.com a few months back...

Originally posted by wweomaniac
    i heard from a very respectable website that heard from a ver respectable japanese gaming magazine that this game was going to be exclusive for gamecube. The reliable source being gamerfeed.com a few months back...

different game..this is metal gear solid 3...the GC exclusive is called metal gear solid: twin snakes..its a remake of the ps1's metal gear solid

i went thru like 10 towels while watching that. I cannot wait for this

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Hey...it's coming on Xbox ? Instead of this, how about Splinter Cell 2 ?

Metal Gear Solid 3 VS Splinter Cell 2 ?
    Back into the world of gaming.

Originally posted by Shadow20002
    Hey...it's coming on Xbox ? Instead of this, how about Splinter Cell 2 ?

Metal Gear Solid 3 VS Splinter Cell 2 ?

I am completly baffeled as to why people compare MGS to SC. There completly different games. The only thing they have in common is there based on stealth. Besides you were missing one of the best stealt games of all, Headnunter (close on the heals of MGS).

If i had to bet MGS3 and SC2 will be even less alike then SC and MGS2:S just becauset here each evolving plots much different from the other.

Originally posted by Viper87227

I am completly baffeled as to why people compare MGS to SC. There completly different games. The only thing they have in common is there based on stealth. Besides you were missing one of the best stealt games of all, Headnunter (close on the heals of MGS).

If i had to bet MGS3 and SC2 will be even less alike then SC and MGS2:S just becauset here each evolving plots much different from the other.
    Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself. But if I would have to choose which one was better between MGS3: Snake Eater vs. Splinter Cell 2, I'd got with MGS3 in less than a second.

Splinter Cell has great grafics and the physics they put into it are amazing, but it's way the hell to bloody boring. Now the Metal Gear Solid series has amazing story lines and cinematics which I love. Plus the grafics are just as insane as Splinter Cell's. But SC heads in the direction when you aren't meant to use weapons against guys, the game is based all on stealth. Metal Gear Solid is based on using tons of different weapons, fighting against huge vehicles & bosses.

How can some you compare these two games? I mean common'! Don't be rediculous guys, if you want to compare Splinter Cell to something compare it to actual stealth games. Other games that actually have something in common with SC like STEALTH. Think: "Tenchu" or like Viper87227 said above "Headhunter". If you don't know what stealth is, try looking in that book filled with words & definitions called the DICTIONARY.

Oh yeah and the Metal Gear Solid series beats the hell out of just about ever single video game ever made.

Is there a quicktime version of the trailer? Whenever I watch a video clip in windows media player it always just shows me pictures like a slideshow and sound.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

If it's not working for you, you can check it out here, man

Starving College Student

the trailer kinda gave me the impression of vietnam...not like i was there or anything, but it just felt like a cheesey vietnam war movie. isn't this game supposta be about stealth? maybe its just me, but a fuzzy trailer with mediocre graphics (maybe thats just cuz its low rez, so ill give it the benefit of the doubt and say semi-good graphics) and some shots of snake spraying some bad guys doesn't really excite me...splinter cell 1 looks cooler than this so far, so im guessing splinter cell 2 will be even better...

but then again this is leaked footage without any explanation in a low res trailer being viewed on a computer monitor that has about 2 minutes of in game shots from a game thats probably years off and will probably have lots more features than just running and gunning...i just wish theyd' have showed those features
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

See people like you are just sad.

And no it isn't all based on stealth

The trailer was pretty cool! Though i was thinking along the same lines as Koopa, MGS and MGS2 were under the curtain of 'Tactical Espionage'. This game seems to have a different feel, but again i accept that this is just a leaked video of a game that is a long way off and dosnt provide much in the way of info!
    "Hes got 24 hours its more than most of us get - all most of us get is mind that bus - what bus - splat!"

This game looks really good. Im glad that it isnt about stealth no more, Im not really a big fan of it in the first place.

Cool YES!!!

Can't wait, can't control myself! MGS3, are you kidding me?

This game in my opinion should be the most Anticipated, lets get over the comparisn of this to any other. The story mode in this game is like no other in it's genre, it can literaly go in any which direction and still be a tight game.

If this comes out on time without all this console wars of dates disapointment, and delay times like every other game i am dying for (dynasty warrior 4, tenchu) i will be more than happy to pay 60 bucks for it!

Thread Information