Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What has been your best XBox experience?

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default What has been your best XBox experience?

To be more clear, I am just curious to hear about your most incredible and memorable XBox experience you have ever had. What game were you playing and where were you at? And, what made it so incredible?

Personally, I don't have a single experience...I have had many...but, it is always doing the same thing: Playing Halo in a System Link (LAN) game with other talented Halo players. Of course, during one of the many Halo sessions, everyone eventually gets sloshed up compliments to several frosty beverages.

I have a buddy that hosts 16 man Halo LAN games every other weekend. He is a police officer and his station has 4 projectors that he can borrow. They aren't the quality of my HDTV, but, they project a very clear and clean screen about 100" big. Split four ways, it's not bad at all, as you can imagine

Also playing Halo on XBConnect. When I have a few buddies over and drinking some ice cold Guiness Draught, there's nothing better than having several huge games going. Ever since I upgraded my DSL to 768K upload, it doesn't matter how many people I am hosting. The connection is smooth as silk and I have yet to have anyone complain about any lag issues whatsoever. Of course, if someone else is joining your host session, they may get a slight bullet delay when using the pistol, for example, but, it's not like the average server. Damn, I love this thing!!!!
    Last edited by Maximus; 07-27-2003 at 05:46 PM.

I've got to say that the first week of Xbox Live was the best time of my Xbox experience. I bought MA and UC and already had NFL2k3 and NHL2k3. I skipped classes and everything just to play those games. Hella fun!

Also, in recent memory though, KOTOR really was a memorable experience. The storyline is the BEST storyline I've seen in a game. Being a fan of the movies and a huge RPG fan I don't think I could have asked for more from Bioware.
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Hearing the Halo mOnK chant song and the very first shoot out in Halo. I will never forget that.

I think my best experience is yet to come.
    I feel it will be when I first pop in Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden and finally have a game that will addict me and make me feel da love of gaming since,.. well,.... Halo!

As of right now, ...hmmm, .. probably playing peeps here on XBL last November when it launched!
    I mean it was a long time coming as we all talk to one another in forums and to finally hear your forum peeps talk to ya online was awesome to say da least.

Can wait for da Fall/Winter XBL titles like ESPN NFL & NBA2K4!!

My best (and worst ) experience was earning that extra ending to Halo after conquering it on legendary.

Originally posted by Dre

Also, in recent memory though, KOTOR really was a memorable experience. The storyline is the BEST storyline I've seen in a game. Being a fan of the movies and a huge RPG fan I don't think I could have asked for more from Bioware.
    I could, ... Sega bringing a sequel to a KOTOR killer in "Skies Of Arcadia"
    now dats a true deep story line with limitless storytelling depth.

I think my three best experiences were:

1. getting my xbox from the fed-ex delivery guy on 11/15/01..... had it pre-ordered the first day possibly at ebgames.com

2. getting on XBL and playing mechassault

3. the never before felt excitement of playing a sports game over LIVE........ damn, that feeling is unmatched.....

-borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

When I first played ReVolt in the Xbox LIVE beta stages. Playing online with Xbox for the first time with all of those features was amazing. I was also playing it before more than 3/4 of the world was able to.
    It was excellent.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Basically mine was running home from school at 2:45 to get my Beta Test Kit for XBL. That day I was on XBL alllllll night. I remember sitting there repeating how great it was with the people I was playing. Can't replace that.
    MAKING A NEW SIG

no songle best experience, but halo multiplayer is always great. I also like playing in the car, our school's small, so we take cars and vans on field trips, and we played halo and vice city all the way to dc (about a five hour drive) and back. We also played it going on another 4+ hour trip, and on a short 45 minute trip. It's great.

when i finally got xbl to work (the day i got my router)...and i played motogp for so long. or the day i got my xbox

xbAWOL

Like others, Xbox Live was an amazing first experience. I remember playing NFL Fever first as the beta, and as soon as I heard the other guy talk I was like WTF, and then I was like this was awesome!

But the true best experience for me was the first 2 weeks of Xbox Live being officially release. I only bought Unreal Championship cause I was tight on cash and I played every day after school from 3:30 till 8 for 10 weekdays straight, and I played like all weekend long both weekends. Then my mom thought I was playing to much so she limited me to 2 hours a day for like a week. But that was crazy, I played like over 100 hours of CTF and I loved every fricking minute of it. But after 3 weeks I got Ghost Recon and so I began on my Ghost Recon addiction.

Just like most everyone else, Xbox Live. I only had Unreal, but I was a fan of that in the first place. I played it constantly until recently when I got Return to Castle Wolfenstien. When I first heard other people talking I was hooked. I dont think I could possibly ever play a PC game online, it just wouldn't be the same without using my own voice to trash talk.

Good topic Maxy.

I also have a number of memorable moments, too many to list, but I'll name a few in chronological order.

Obviously getting my Xbox on launch day at Sears. No lines, no pre-orders, just me walking in the store. Could have bought 4 of them if I wanted.

Second was finally getting selected to Beta test XBL, even tho it was the last round of testers. I remember reading everyone's posts about how great it was and checking e-mail and the forums religiously for the next round of beta mails.

Hooking up with Casper, JJaX, DZ, and others the first night that GR came out. After that night, I realized that this is why I bought the Xbox. Then shortly after being asked to join the best damn clan on XBL.

My first NFL 2K3 game with DZ. Yea I lost, but it was close. Real close.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

My first Halo party would have to be the most memorable. We only had two Xboxes at the time, but it was still an awesome experience.

The second best was getting my Xbox Live Beta Kit. Now that was a total rush as I went into a game of Revolt for the first time...
    Hidden Content

Have:
    Halo, Tetris Worlds, Ghost Recon, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003, NCAA 2004, Jedi Starfighter, Rainbow Six 3, Top Spin

Want:
    Available - KOTOR
    Future - Halo 2

My most memorable experiences were:

1) Playing Xbox for the very first time.

2) PLaying XboX Live on UC for the very first time.
    *Proud to be in the LXG and the 101st Spec Ops*

Basically just playing HALO for the first time. Xbox live for the first time was pretty awesome too..

Ugunnalose

the first day it came out i came home opened it up and played halo for the first time ever.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

Playing Halo when I first got my Xbox was a big milestone for gaming.

Also playing the CIA level in Splinter Cell was awesome. That level is the best level in the game and I loved every bit of it.

KOTOR is the best rpg I have ever played on a console before....that happening on Xbox only makes it better.

If I ever get the broadband out in the sticks, I'll be on live no doubt. That will be a huge milestone for me in gaming as well. I cannot wait for that opportunity.

Yeah....so far that is it.

Definately my best XBOX experience was at eletronic boutique...playing dark alliance with my friend and saving the progress on the store's system so we can play the next day. Ya, that's how poor I am.
    Killah_priest and I don't actually have xbox or money.

Thread Information