Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy rumor about EA...

Default Crazy rumor about EA...

So word is floating around that there is a good chance that starting with the 2005 season, EA will include XBL support in their games. So what will this do to our great hate relationship with EA? Will we have to like them now?

We can like 'em just don't tell anybody

I hate sports games though, so I dun really care. I'll always hate em now though :P
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

So what will this do to our great hate relationship with EA? Will we have to like them now?
    Nope. If it is just sports games, I don't care. I don't play them anyway. But if they want this gamer to shed his hate for EA (Xbox) then they will have to put out some Xbox specific features and fully utilize the power of the green and black. No more games that have slower frame rates than the PoS2 version. No more direct ports from a lower system. And no more creepy EA employees hanging around at E3
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

I mentioned this in another thread. Never thought to make a new one about it, though. I think it will be cool to have a better relationship with EA, but not unless, like Lynx said, they stop giving us crappy ports and give us some exclusive features. Too bad they'll probably never make NFS Underground and MoH for Xbox Live. It would be awesome to have MoH on XbL. Having a realistic WW2 fps would fill a pretty good niche. For me, anyway.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

There is no bad news in that, it only means PS2 doesn't have that one up on Xbox now.

If they give us what we want, there is no need to hate them. A little hurt that it took so long, duh, but in the end IF they give us what we want, life is good.

Put up or shut up!

Thats what I say, If EA wants us to be all warm & fuzzy with their software, show us we matter. Give us acceptable performance for our system, not sloppy seconds.

If not, EA.................Don't let the door hit ya' in the ass on the way out.

For me to ever like EA there's some things they'd have to do. Such as, goto a 3-tap system on Tiger Woods PGA Series, NEVER publish another Sims game, make their games Live enabled, quit sucking up to Sony, and quit acting all great and mighty when they dont MAKE any games at all, they just publish as far as I know.

We'll see if we like them WHEN they release an XBL game.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Electronic Arts should be known as Electronic Ports. If they get out of their porting frenzy and, like Lynxfx-XBA stated, utlize the XBox's hardware capabilities, I may...just may have to purchase an EA game.

The only ports I wouldn't mind would be from EA's PC exclusive games like Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and Battlefield 1942.

The Heavenly Addict!!!

I don't like what EA is about but I think I'll buy games from them. I won't buy Madden or any of the sports games because SEGA is the new king. I will buy their war sims and games like that though.

Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
    Put up or shut up!

Thats what I say, If EA wants us to be all warm & fuzzy with their software, show us we matter. Give us acceptable performance for our system, not sloppy seconds.

If not, EA.................Don't let the door hit ya' in the ass on the way out.
    Agreed. I'll believe it when I see it.

I dont play sport video game so...F' Em.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Hey.. by the way Buffy was cool IMO.
    Back into the world of gaming.

If they do start making xbox live games, the only games ill get would be Fifa, battlefield, and mybe MOH. Oh and nascar with 32 people on xbox live would be sweet. Im not a nascar fan but that would be fun

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

NCAA 2005 would be awesome online. Especially SSX 3 that would own, but too bad its not gonna happen. EA is too f**kin greedy to let xbox live get some power.

Member on the run

What can I say here that hasn't already been stated...

Well, absolutely nothing! EA is king of ports and until they stop just porting their games from the PS2 to the XBox, they are not worth anything in my eyes. Even if they do bring it to Live, it's not doing them any good to promote laziness among developers.

2005? Wouldn't that be too little, too late? That's close to when the next systems are due out.

Member on the run

Originally posted by WynnFire
    2005? Wouldn't that be too little, too late?
    Yup, as I've said before...too little, too late.

Originally posted by rudedogX

Yup, as I've said before...too little, too late.
    EA could go to hell as far as I'm concerned. I already kicked NCAA and Madden to the curb. The only reason I got Tiger is because I love the golf game but when Links come out I'm trading that in too. Agreed, too little too late.

This is MY HOME

Thread Information