Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Warrior Makes His Comeback !!

Default The Ultimate Warrior Makes His Comeback !!

i thought for all this was kool especially for the old skool wrestling fans..

Wrestling fans around the world will finally have their long-held dream answered, as Ultimate Warrior, one of the most popular, beloved wrestlers in the history of professional wrestling, is returning to the ring. Acclaim today announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with Ultimate Warrior to appear in Legends of Wrestling: SHOWDOWN, which is currently under development with Acclaim Studios Austin and scheduled for release in April 2004...

source

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

I just hope they get his entrance right. Runs down the aisle like coal is up his ass, chases opponent out of the ring, shakes ropes for ten minutes...

classic

Halo 2 Junk Creator WrathfulPoppa's Avatar

I just hope these kids grow up. Professional wrestling is fake. And don't give me that "its entertainment" crap. If you say sweaty men rubbing all over each other, laying on top of each other, and grabbing each others crotches is entertainment, your a flamer, and thats that.
    Hidden Content
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Xbox Live games: Project Gotham Racing 2, Mech Assault, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Whacked (playable demo), Moto GP (playable demo)

The rest of my Xbox games: Halo: Combat Evolved, SegaGT 2002, Transworld Snowboarding, Brute Force, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, Jet Set Radio Future, NFL Fever 2002, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Fuzion Frenzy, I-Ninja, Deus Ex: Invisible War

Retired Giveaway Guru BigJosh359's Avatar

Originally posted by WrathfulPoppa
    I just hope these kids grow up. Professional wrestling is fake. And don't give me that "its entertainment" crap. If you say sweaty men rubbing all over each other, laying on top of each other, and grabbing each others crotches is entertainment, your a flamer, and thats that.
    Obviously, you havent seen wrestling in a while.

This is why i watch.

I just hope these kids grow up. Professional wrestling is fake. And don't give me that its entertainment crap. If you say sweaty men rubbing all over each other, laying on top of each other, and grabbing each others crotches is entertainment, your a flamer, and thats that.
    No way! Wrestling is fake? Holy ****! Does...does that mean Halo is fake, or video games in general? Does that mean most movies are fake? Does that mean most TV shows are fake? Does that mean in order for something to be entertaining it has to real? Wrestling's not all fake either, sure the winners are predetermined, but I'm sure falling off of a cage, through a table and onto concrete doesn't feel peachy .

Btw, when I see people call other people "flamers" because they watch wrestling, I think there is something more wrong with you. Your obviously not comfortable in your sexuality if you think watching wrestling makes you ***.

Maybe you should grow bud .

Originally posted by Nameless

No way! Wrestling is fake? Holy ****! Does...does that mean Halo is fake, or video games in general? Does that mean most movies are fake? Does that mean most TV shows are fake? Does that mean in order for something to be entertaining it has to real? Wrestling's not all fake either, sure the winners are predetermined, but I'm sure falling off of a cage, through a table and onto concrete doesn't feel peachy .

Btw, when I see people call other people "flamers" because they watch wrestling, I think there is something more wrong with you. Your obviously not comfortable in your sexuality if you think watching wrestling makes you ***.

Maybe you should grow bud .
    hah i couldn't have said it better myself... good call on that

A flamer for watching wrestling............now, I'm not a big fan of the "Sport", but come on.

Skankeez

same reason as josh

Last edited by Yankeez-XBA; 11-02-2003 at 12:18 AM.

i watch for this:
    Hidden Content

While Your Guns Are Raisin'-Mine Is Blazin'(RIP DZNUTZ)

i watch it because i think

..sweaty men rubbing all over each other, laying on top of each other, and grabbing each others crotches is entertainment

the girls are okay too i guess
    Last edited by Hero; 11-02-2003 at 04:21 AM.

i hope this game is better then the past ones
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

I agree that the legends of wrestling games have been terrible. uggh... Anyway I've watched wrestling ever since I was like, 3. But lately I've kinda lost interest... Goldberg is the only good wrestler in the WWE.

Anyway my prediction is that this game will be horrible just like the other LOW games.

kurt Angle is the best dammm wrestler period,he can out wrestle Goldberg any day.an i think this game will suck as bad as the past ones
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

I'd say that it's because I have grown up that I look forward to a game that features wrestlers from when I was a little kid and was really into it. Just because wrestling seems silly now (I agree comepletely) doesn't mean a game wouldn't be fun to play.

And it's not about an alternative life style choice, it's about wanting to do your dad

Originally posted by DIGITAL
    kurt Angle is the best dammm wrestler period,he can out wrestle Goldberg any day.an i think this game will suck as bad as the past ones
    Goldberg isnt a wrestler, hes a football player, Kurt was an olympic gold medalist, o...and its scripted so u cant say who would win, Vince has that say
    Hidden Content

Halo 2 Junk Creator WrathfulPoppa's Avatar

Originally posted by StudioAlex

I'd say that it's because I have grown up that I look forward to a game that features wrestlers from when I was a little kid and was really into it. Just because wrestling seems silly now (I agree comepletely) doesn't mean a game wouldn't be fun to play.

And it's not about an alternative life style choice, it's about wanting to do your dad
    I'm not saying the game won't be fun, I remember that wrestling game that was on N64 where you could do the 2-player combos. That was a fun game, its just that he said this:

Originally posted by StudioAlex

Wrestling fans around the world will finally have their long-held dream answered, as Ultimate Warrior, one of the most popular, beloved wrestlers in the history of professional wrestling, is returning to the ring.
    If your long held "dream" is to play a game with your "beloved" wrestler, then thats sad. And about all the other comments towards me, I never said there was anything wrong with watching the women, its the people that run around in Goldberg t-shirts screaming "WOOOO!" at innocent bystanders, talk in third person like the rock, and argue about who the best wrestler is (even though its pre-staged) that I think are sad. And thats that.
    Hidden Content
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Xbox Live games: Project Gotham Racing 2, Mech Assault, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Whacked (playable demo), Moto GP (playable demo)

The rest of my Xbox games: Halo: Combat Evolved, SegaGT 2002, Transworld Snowboarding, Brute Force, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, Jet Set Radio Future, NFL Fever 2002, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Fuzion Frenzy, I-Ninja, Deus Ex: Invisible War

Speaking as a wrestlng fan, I'm not happy to hear about Ultimate Warrior being in Legends of Wrestling. He was just another one of those goofy concepts that caused people to totally look down on pro wresting (mind you that he was just one of hundreds of reasons people don't like watching anymore). Besides, wasn't there like seven different guys wearing the Warrior makeup? Which one will get the royalty check for the game?

Slowride

tatonka! legion of doom! the rockers! ultimate warrior! hulk hogan! sid vicious! Mr. Perfect! Lex Luger! million dollar man! arny anderson! big boss man! earthquake! typhoon! it's vader....it's vader...it's vader time!!!! undertaker! 123 kid! steiner brothers! rick flair! i hated flair but if he got you in the figure four you were done for.....unless you rolled over which reversed the move. old school wrestling rocks. I haven't watched in a looonnnnggggg time however....just grew out of it like most people. but a game w/the old guys would be cool. I was gonna get the first legends of wrestling but everything i read said it wasn't worth it....

remember the coffin match with ultimate warrior and the undertaker? warrior was in the coffin, he was done for for sure. but then....as undertaker closes it slowly the warrior who'd been limp forever thrusts up his arm and keeps him from closing it. Complete warrior dominations ensues.
    Last edited by Slowride; 11-02-2003 at 05:17 PM.

Originally posted by TheVertigoEdge
    Speaking as a wrestlng fan, I'm not happy to hear about Ultimate Warrior being in Legends of Wrestling. He was just another one of those goofy concepts that caused people to totally look down on pro wresting (mind you that he was just one of hundreds of reasons people don't like watching anymore). Besides, wasn't there like seven different guys wearing the Warrior makeup? Which one will get the royalty check for the game?
    Dude during the time of the Ultimate Warrior wrestling was gimmick central...and out of all of them his was one of the better gimmicks.

not not not not not sane. Cottrau's Avatar

i never understood... how come when he was shakin the ropes like diabetic, why didn't the other guy just go under the ring, grab a chair, then come back in, and by that time he'll be shakin the top rope, and then he could just crack him in the head... no wait.. someone did that, and then he quit wrestling...
    got me an xbo
    PGR2: 250,000Kudos and counting.... 25 Platinum awards Hidden Content
    rawr

Thread Information