Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's a funny question for Xbox gamers!

Default Here's a funny question for Xbox gamers!

Which company should Microsoft buy next? Squaresoft? Vivendi? ...dare I say....BIOWARE?! What about LucasArts (hey, M-Soft has the money - anything's possible!)...that way Star Wars could be exclusive to Xbox. Whatt about id (the makers of Doom3)?

What do you think?
    "Wanna challenge me in a game? I
    swear, I will kick your ass so
    hard, that you'll STILL feel it in
    the morning."

Registered User crucialcreation's Avatar

i think that they should buy bungie if they don't own it already . maybe ubisoft.

Hidden Content
    We'll miss you DZ. RIP man.

Microsoft should buy no one else.

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Originally posted by monster1234
    Microsoft should buy no one else.
    Why is that? I would love to see another huge company come join us. The more the better imo. It would just mean more benefits like xbox only titles and actuall use of the xbox hardware.

i dont wanna see microsoft buy anybody else. I dont like how microsoft does things. They're already making a monopoly. Considering what they're already doing with the new windows operating system "longhorn" i think they've got enough power as it is.

Ubi...and one other one u said, too old to remember, but too young to care!

That question wasn't funny at all...

Anyway I'd rather Microsoft not have a monopoly of game developers.
    Hidden Content
    Props for the sweet sig to xbocks.

I want microsoft to buy smilebit and sega when it was for sale because i really don't like EA. They are the monopoly. Does anyone know about the buying out of smilebit.

I would rather have game developers develop games for the Xbox then have a giant monopoly. Monopolies suck.

skorp

Thumbs up

I agree... Just keep those quality games coming...

Maybe Xbox will have their own FF type RPG... Since Micrsoft hired Yoshihiro Maruyama, former senior vice president and COO of Squaresoft as the new general manager of its Xbox division in Japan. They could start a new RPG franchise exclusively for the Xbox only... It should lure in more RPG gamers...

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

I should point out that there is a world of difference between developers and publishers. Micosoft may continue to "buy" developers but I doubt you'll see them absorb publishers like Ubisoft and Vivendi. Frankly, it wouldn't be worth the hassle for 99 percent of the prospects out there.

For an investment I'd go with either Bioware or Rockstar, but like said before I wouldn't want to see the Xbox/Microsoft become a monoply over the gaming world as well.

Renegade of funk

I don't want to see MS pick up other companies completely either. But, I would like to see them help Sega along.

Why does everyone Dump on Microsoft, they are only doing what EVERY other company is doing , only 7 companies own 90% of the worlds Media, Including Televison,Books,Magazines,Movies,Newspapers, and the auto industry is the same, so what if MS has a Monoply, stop using it if you don't like it , heres a link on the seven Companies that own the Media , and SONY is among them ,

Media Monopoly

I think they should buy Square-Enix. But that's just me.

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince
    Why does everyone Dump on Microsoft, they are only doing what EVERY other company is doing , only 7 companies own 90% of the worlds Media, Including Televison,Books,Magazines,Movies,Newspapers, and the auto industry is the same, so what if MS has a Monoply, stop using it if you don't like it , heres a link on the seven Companies that own the Media , and SONY is among them ,

Media Monopoly
    Where the heck is microsoft on that list?

Yes, if Microsoft did monopoly the market, then they would have to split again, and that would suck because their might be 2 different consoles. I think that they should get all the great developers away from Sony, but anything is possible.
    Hidden Content
    "Happiness is having a scratch for every itch."-Ogden Nash

Originally posted by skorp
    I agree... Just keep those quality games coming...

Maybe Xbox will have their own FF type RPG... Since Micrsoft hired Yoshihiro Maruyama, former senior vice president and COO of Squaresoft as the new general manager of its Xbox division in Japan. They could start a new RPG franchise exclusively for the Xbox only... It should lure in more RPG gamers...
    That would be cool. Thats a dang good idea. I don't even like RPGs and I like the idea.... Good Work...

AND
    Originally posted by kenji
    I think that they should get all the great developers away from Sony
    Why do we want PS2 to fail???? It's a great system, and Im sure the PS2ers are goin... "Sony should buy Bungie, so we can have HALO"(not that that would happen)"We should buy out all the great XBOX companies" and "XBOX sucks" "and stuff like that too.... but cant we just meet an agreement, and let the systems do the talking, instead of the players... Or is this a war that is meant to be and i am missing somethin????

***I AM NOT A PS2 FANBOY

Originally posted by MikeMan91389

Why do we want PS2 to fail???? It's a great system...
    k, That is incorrect. PS2 is a terrible system, It just has kick ass games to back it up. PS2s quality and features and execution of those few features make it IMO one of the worst consoles ever made. (The worst DVD player ever) Look, call me a fanboy, but hey, I like most systems made (except PS2 and Saturn). So...I don't see how I can be a fanboy just for disliking two systems made by 2 different companies.

I would say some of the top ones, like Ubisoft or Rockstar.

Thread Information