Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new guy

Default new guy

Hello, this is my first post here and just wanted to introduce myself. I presently do not own an X-box yet but as tax refund time has arrived it is at the top of my list. The two games I look forward to the most are Fight Night 2004, and Ninja Gaiden. I enjoy mostly fighting, action, and sports games. Not much of a FPS fan or RPG. My online gaming experience for PC is pretty pathetic as I usually get my butt whupped and lose interest quickly, I'm a casual gamer so I can't really compete against anyone, I found most online gamers to be pretty competitive and at a much higher level than me. So I doubt I'll get the Xbox live package so now my first question is what accessories should I purchase with my X-box?

Starving College Student

Default Re: new guy

Originally posted by eguez
    Hello, this is my first post here and just wanted to introduce myself. I presently do not own an X-box yet but as tax refund time has arrived it is at the top of my list. The two games I look forward to the most are Fight Night 2004, and Ninja Gaiden. I enjoy mostly fighting, action, and sports games. Not much of a FPS fan or RPG. My online gaming experience for PC is pretty pathetic as I usually get my butt whupped and lose interest quickly, I'm a casual gamer so I can't really compete against anyone, I found most online gamers to be pretty competitive and at a much higher level than me. So I doubt I'll get the Xbox live package so now my first question is what accessories should I purchase with my X-box?
    welcome to the boards

well erm...even though you said you doubt you'll get xbl...get xbl...trust me.

if you cant, then erm make sure to get 3 extra *OFFICIAL* controllers from MS, not the crappy 3rd party (Madcatz, Pelican, interact, etc)...and thats probably about it..

oh and a copy of Halo is necessary for all xbox owners, even if you hate FPSes.

for fighting, wait'll later this month and get DOA Ultimate, or buy the cheaper DOA3 which has been out for awhile....definitely get Soul Calibur two, though...some good action games are erm splinter cell, crimson skies, or mechassault, although you might wanna hold on mechassault if you dont have live. you also might want star wars:KOTOR...even though its an RPG, it plays somewhat like an action game, and got game of the year at every place that matters.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BinaryXtreme

Welcome to XBOX Addict. Friendliest bunch of addicts on the planet!

nG-nExT GeNeraTion ClaN Jayhawk's Avatar

Welcome!

Word...

Definately pick up Halo and a few extra controllers... if your not a huge FPS fan now you will be after some Halo.

Welcome Equez

-definatley get the official xbox controllers
    -i really want live and don't know why you don't
    -there are many good action games for really cheap in platinum hits. If you want another good game like ninja gaiden check out Otogi. Not as fast paced but the graphics hold up, the gameplay i think is fun and everything is destructable even the ground. Can find at good price also.

Otogi 2 is my next target after breakdown and ninja gaiden.

In Amber Clad

Originally posted by LiquidX
    Word...

Definately pick up Halo and a few extra controllers... if your not a huge FPS fan now you will be after some Halo.
    I got 4 people to buy an xbox from just playing system link games of halo. Oh yeah, official stuff only, can't go wrong.

Welcome!!
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Welcome to the XBA brethren

Welcome eguez,

When you get those official controllers make sure the are controller S... I only know (personally know) two people who prefer the big ones (and trust me the small ones are a slice of heaven).

And what ever you think of your preferences get Halo and Live because

• Halo-->will make you love FPS and everything about xbox
    • Xbox Live--> when you play here there is no such thing as a casual gamer... you will be converted.... I know, I've been watching your habits, it will happen

***eguez begins looking around the room for cameras and such... what he does not realize is that Angell has awsomely disguised himself as a pile of dirty clothes in the corner of the room.... eguez continues to surf Xboxaddict thinking Angell is some crazy guy.... though he may be right..... Angell continues with his observations..... for now***

Oh and eguez, you should throw some pizza or some little snack cakes over to that pile of clothes in your room.... it will give it that good "lived in look"... and I'm getting hungry.

Welcome to XBA

Slowride

Welcome to the boards and I to suggest getting xbox live. You can use the optimatch feature to get in beginner games or you can host beginner games so you can kick out the people who are bad ass and shouldn't be there anyways.....and get counterstrike. Better than RS3 for the casual gamer I think.

THE REAL BOSS

As everyone else has said welcome to the boards. If you have any questions feel free to PM one of the mods.
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Welcome to the boards! Enjoy!
    "Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Welcome to XBA !!
    Back into the world of gaming.

First of all in order to truly be accepted you must pm me with dates and time of when you will publicly profess your love me. Okay when? Just kidding. Welcome to the site. All you really need is Halo. You're gonna need an extra controller and some music to blaze on your hard drive. Have fun.

This is MY HOME

Default Re: Re: new guy

Originally posted by Koopa

welcome to the boards

if you cant, then erm make sure to get 3 extra *OFFICIAL* controllers from MS, not the crappy 3rd party (Madcatz, Pelican, interact, etc)...and thats probably about it..

oh and a copy of Halo is necessary for all xbox owners, even if you hate FPSes.

for fighting, wait'll later this month and get DOA Ultimate, or buy the cheaper DOA3 which has been out for awhile....definitely get Soul Calibur two, though...some good action games are erm splinter cell, crimson skies, or mechassault, although you might wanna hold on mechassault if you dont have live. you also might want star wars:KOTOR...even though its an RPG, it plays somewhat like an action game, and got game of the year at every place that matters.
    The 3rd party controllors seem to be the bane of everyone in this thread, are they really that bad? I was hoping to get a wireless controller as I hate the tangled cords and end up wrapping them around the controller for storage which just makes the tangles worse. I think logitech was coming out with one and their stuff has always been pretty good, for PC anyway. If they really are that bad does anyone know if MS is coming out with a wireless?
    Thanks for the game suggestions, I'm sure I'll get Halo as that seems to be an essential. I will probably be getting one of the bundles. Can anyone tell me if I should get a memory card or can I just rely on the hard drive for now?

Dont worry about the memory card, its only real function is to trasnfer a game save from on machine to another.(unless thats what you wanna do)The hard drives(usually) plenty.

skorp

Thumbs up

Welcome aboard!!!

Enjoy!!!

XBOX IS THE FUTURE

well,first of all welcome and i hope you enjoy the forums as much as we do. second just buy the xbox and make sure you have HALO,KOTOR AND NINJA GAIDEN and enjoy it.
    Last edited by colosso; 03-05-2004 at 12:13 AM.
    all eyez on me

Default Re: Re: new guy

Originally posted by colosso
    well,first of all welcome and i hope you enjoy the forums as much as we do. second just buy the xbox and make sure you have HALO,KOTOR AND NINJA GAIDEN and enjoy it.
    I guess he could always wait until the PS3 comes out... its looking pretty sweet

Thread Information