Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTA Going Exclusive For Xbox 2.... Speculation!

Sammael

Default GTA Going Exclusive For Xbox 2.... Speculation!

I was reading over at Gamespy about CES. The guy who wrote the article said he has 5 big events that will happen in 2005. This was one of them, again this is still speculation.

2) A Major Defection Will Occur -- New consoles often result in breakups and new couplings. Longtime Square fans were surprised when the company went to bed with Sony and announced that Final Fantasy would be a PlayStation exclusive. Well, we have a slew of new systems in the works. Though they'll be coming out over the next two years, a big announcement will take place this year, probably at E3 2005. I'm talking enormous -- along the lines of Square taking Final Fantasy back to Nintendo or Rockstar taking Grand Theft Auto to Xbox 2 exclusively.

My sources have given me an idea of who will be leaving who, but I can't really say right now. I'm pretty sure I'd get an easily identifiable weapon through the head. (Perhaps that's a hint.)

Mind Blank

Now wouldn't that make things pretty damn interesting... if both were to actually happen then the only thing Sony would have to cling onto would be their Gran Turismo series.

Sammael

Yes that would drastically hurt Sony.

wowzer that would be interesting. And GTA would become a better game

Mind Blank

But I am just not sure if those would really happen... although I think GTA coming to Xbox exclusively would have more chance than Square going to Nintendo, MS would have to offer up a huge chunk of change for Rockstar or whoever owns the rights to actually become an exclusive title.

But yes, if it were actually created from the start for the next Xbox, imagine the possibilities...

To Hell with Having Fun Darkside's Avatar

I bet Square would love to go to nintendo, they just needed a disk system for the n64 and final fantasy would have still been with them.

but if GTA came exclusively to xbox, then there would be an uprising of angry sony fan-boys
    The media needs another blackout.

Can't wait for E3 to hear more stuff like this
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Acutally, its predicted Square-Enix is ready to produce for Xbox. On IGN it's rumored that Final Fantasy XII will be a launch title for Xbox 2. I sure hope that would be true.

although GTA is over-rated.. I can't deny it's market power.. and I would love for rockstar to turn their back on sony and crush their sales.

I used to post here a lot.

If anything, the Xbox 2 is just going to have a line-up that blows the others away.

We're talking Microsoft here, they don't like to lose, and they've got the money to ensure that they don't.
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by LTM360
    On IGN it's rumored that Final Fantasy XII will be a launch title for Xbox 2. I sure hope that would be true.
    It's not, don't hold your beath
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

You guys are reading only what you want to read. He used FF and GTA as an example. No more then a sentence later he says "My sources have given me an idea of who will be leaving who, but I can't really say right now. I'm pretty sure I'd get an easily identifiable weapon through the head. (Perhaps that's a hint.)"

So in that quote somewhere, a weapon through the head, is the hint to who he thinks is defecting. Take the fanboy reading glasses off fellas!

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Sammael

Hey I said it was all speculation. Just thought it was interesting.

rumors rumors rumors...thats all this is...dont get me wrong, would be cool just to piss off all of the ps2 fan boys
    xbox 360 games owned...Amped 3, NBA2K7 & Guitar Hero 2

Wii games owned: wii play

Quote Originally Posted by Bakeman
    And GTA would become a better game
    I doubt that, it would still be the exact same boring formula.
    Hidden Content
    Props for the sweet sig to xbocks.

I think I am the only one here to prefer certain games on certain consoles. I mean I prefer playing GTA on my PS2 rather Xbox, rather play Final Fantasy on my PS2 than the Nintendo titles. Meh, I will buy all 3 over time so either way im not bothered.

Oh, I think if anything, GTA should go to the Xbox, but Final Fantasy should stay with Sony.

gta isnt even ps2 exclusive, and its all they got.. i got for ps2... it cant handel it.. it wants to be on xbox
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Must kill Sony.

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael
    Hey I said it was all speculation. Just thought it was interesting.
    But its not even speculation if you actually read the thing.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Sounds cool to me!
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

Thread Information