Thread: HALO 3.... coming in spring

Default HALO 3.... coming in spring

E3 2005: HALO 3 NEXT SPRING, GOING TOE-TO-TOE WITH PS3?

Bill Gates drops Xbox 360 bombshells, according to reports

12:19 It appears that Microsoft plans to use the hotly anticipated Halo 3 on Xbox 360 to rob Sony of a good portion of its PS3 launch thunder.
    According to GameSpot, in an article in next week's issue of Time Magazine containing a feature on Bill Gates, it's stated that the first-person shooter sequel is due next spring (presumably info coming straight form the horse's mouth), with the article quoting Gates as saying: "It's perfect... The day Sony launches [the new PlayStation], and they walk right into Halo 3." Blimey!

now this!! this i look forward to!
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

At first I was skepticle, because that made me think they were rushing H3. But then I remembered they doubled the size of the Bungie team...so thier now able to work twice as fast.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

I'm still in the disbelieving camp, but it would be awesome if they could get Halo 3 out in that amount of time. I guess it's possible. Even though it took three years for Halo 2 to come out, the behind-the-scenes video made it seem like they really only worked on the game for a year-and-a-half.

For all we know, they've been working on Halo 3 for two years now with twice the staff they origonaly had...

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRaptor
    For all we know, they've been working on Halo 3 for two years now with twice the staff they origonaly had...
    That's what I was thinking. I still feel a little faint though. This is all too much.

This is MY HOME

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Well, time to think if you gonna get Halo 3 or PS3 in that time.

xbAWOL

I already have it preordered.

JK. But who needs a preorder on it anyways, I was able to pick up Halo 2: LE on the first day (in the morning) without a problem.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Rushing a bit? I hope all this rushing does not blow up in Microsoft's face. And I have a strange feeling it will
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

We dont know that. What if sony decides to hold off on PS3 and wait untill holliday 06 to release PS3 then we will wait until holliday 06. I hope Halo 3 gets released later so bungie has enough time to make a very polished and complete game that wont dissapoint.

Sit down and Shut up!!!!! CharlieHustle's Avatar

The i guess we will have to wait for halo 3. That is their trump card. So even if its done now, i would hold it just for the ps3 launch. And let the 2nd party and 3rd party devs. continue to move the consoles. I believe that PDZ will move many consoles as it is, along with the other games that will be released during the launch and during the holiday season.

skorp

Talking

So it will be out sometime next year spring.....

I can definitely wait until then. By that time I'll really miss it...

I'll admit. I'm Halo'd out...

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I just hope Halo 3 uses the same game engine that Halo CE did instead of the Havok engine that Halo 2 uses.

Quote Originally Posted by l Maximus l
    I just hope Halo 3 uses the same game engine that Halo CE did instead of the Havok engine that Halo 2 uses.
    well, it will be on a completly new engine id say... and the next big thing is COMPLETLY DESCTRUCTIBAL environments.
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

And to make it even bigger, MS could have Bungie 'port' Halo 1 and Halo 2 to the Xbox 360. Then, when the PS3 comes out, MS would not only have Halo 3 ready...but a whole "Halo" bundle - the entire Halo game trilogy + a bonus disc or two.

That's pretty awesome. However I don't think Halo 3 would take that much away from Sony's thunder. Remember the first system sales are mostly fan boys and hardcore gamers. So Fan Boys will still pick up a PS3 and the hardcore would just buy a PS3 and a copy of Halo 3. I know I'll get both.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

To my knowledge, bungie rushed Halo 1, so if Halo 3 gets somewhat rushed, it will easily better than Halo 2, bungie seems to make a good game when rushed

In a way my theory of Halo may be right. Halo 2 rocked but it left an empty feeling and didn't feel like an actual sequel. Now it's apparent that they were really making the successor to Halo for Xbox 360. It's a very bold move and hopefully this is much more filling than Halo 2.
    Hidden Content
    Now Playing: Pantera - Cemetary Gates

Thread Information