Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Details

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Default Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Details

Aaahhh Elder Scrolls bliss!!! Between this, PDZ and PGR3 I'm gonna have a hard time getting out of the house

Quote Originally Posted by studepaber
    Aaahhh Elder Scrolls bliss!!! Between this, PDZ and PGR3 I'm gonna have a hard time getting out of the house

You dont' have to tell me. I am going to take all my vacation time that I have for the year and take off from work so I can play and not sleep. I can't wait. I am going to see how long I can stay awake and play xbox360. hahahaha

Oblivion is going to be 16 square miles, which is BIG. But for some reason, i think Morrowind was bigger.....was it? and isn't GTA: San Andreas like 30 something square miles (they said it was about 6 times bigger than Vice City--which is 6 square miles.)

Quote Originally Posted by George89
    Oblivion is going to be 16 square miles, which is BIG. But for some reason, i think Morrowind was bigger.....was it? and isn't GTA: San Andreas like 30 something square miles (they said it was about 6 times bigger than Vice City--which is 6 square miles.)
    Oh I see never heard anything about the square miles or not. but if you are right Oblivion is going to be 6*6= 36 square miles wow

The only reason San Andreas was so big was because of all of that damn rural land that I always crashed my car in and had to walk for thirty minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Serg_w
    Oh I see never heard anything about the square miles or not. but if you are right Oblivion is going to be 6*6= 36 square miles wow

no, i said San Andreas was about 35 sqare miles.....the land of Oblivion is giong to be 16 square miles--which doesn't include the 200+ dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by George89
    no, i said San Andreas was about 35 sqare miles.....the land of Oblivion is giong to be 16 square miles--which doesn't include the 200+ dungeons.
    so it's going to be smaller. OOOHHHH man. I wanted it to be bigger why would they make it so small I wonder.

you have to figure that they did not want to make the map too large because there is a lot of walking involved, as opposed to GTA where you are driving your car around at 80 mph. Also, the sq. mileage doesnt include the dungeons, which would be big im assuming.

i have seen this, looks very good indeed now!
    xbox 360 games owned...Amped 3, NBA2K7 & Guitar Hero 2

Wii games owned: wii play

That was a good read man. This is THE gane I'm lookin forward to for the 360. It sounds 100 times better than what Fable was supposed to be. And that was sposed to be money.
    Hidden Content
    Props for the sweet sig to xbocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless-XBA
    That was a good read man. This is THE gane I'm lookin forward to for the 360. It sounds 100 times better than what Fable was supposed to be. And that was sposed to be money.

thanks I am on the look out for any information about this game. so look out for more. I will keep the information coming in like running water. hahaha

Just. Plain. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Serg_w
    so it's going to be smaller. OOOHHHH man. I wanted it to be bigger why would they make it so small I wonder.
    dude are you kidding the only reason any GTA game seems big is because u are cruisin around in third person...Elder Scrolls is first person, and you are runnin around everywhere, not drivin (ok horseback sometimes, but its still slow), so it will still seem big...plus, all the space was wasted on GTA, u didnt use any of it except for driving, everythin in Elder Scrolls is interactive...

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

last time i checked, morrowind was 1 square mile...16 seems ridiculous.
    Don't RTFM me! I already RTFMed, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCovenant-XBA
    holy **** man, morrowind was only 1 square mile? **** me, that game was massive. anyone second guessing this game has been spoiled by the suckness that is GTA.

Excuse me...I have to pick my jaw up off the floor.
    Hidden Content
    Props for the sweet sig to xbocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless-XBA
    I loved Fable... If this game turns out to be half as good as Fable, I'll be happy with it. By the way, Oblivion is the one I'm getting at launch

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

GS: We learned that the gameworld is approximately 16 square miles in size. How large is that in comparison to Morrowind's world, roughly? Will we see the same kind of variety in terrain and locales like we saw in Morrowind, which had deserts and mountains and lush forests? Tell us about how this world is being generated, and what the new terrain generation system adds to the game?

TH: The outside world, in terms of square miles, is a bit larger than Morrowind's, but it doesn't feel that way with the fast travel. So each of our games has had a different scale, and we mess with that early on and change it depending on how the game is flowing. So if you had to walk everywhere, I'd make it much, much smaller. In terms of terrain, there are several varieties, from beaches, to mountains, to open planes, to forests, snow, etc.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/...w_6128767.html

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Morrowind was A LOT larger than 1 mile. A lot of people complained that Morrowind was too big and hard to get around places fast, so that's probably also why there are horses in Oblivion.

If this game turns out to be half as good as Fable, I'll be happy with it.
    Fable was good, but by no means amazing. I don't know if all of you were as hyped up about it as me (i thought it'd have the scale of Morrowind with deep character customization and great graphics), but i thought this was the biggest disapointment i've ever experienced in video games--but that's only because PM made me expect so much from it and then didn't deliver.
    Last edited by George89; 09-04-2005 at 10:54 AM.

Thread Information