Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Dark Will be to 360 What Halo Was to Xbox

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Default Perfect Dark Will be to 360 What Halo Was to Xbox

Those were words from Microsoft at a recent presentation where they revealed their Xbox 360 retail launch plans to 329 Gamestation store staff exclusive, getting ready to bring this year’s hottest product out to their costumers. The presentation was held by product managers Murray Pannell and Brett Siddons, and their exact words were;

"If you take one thing away from this conference, then it must be that Perfect Dark Zero will be to 360 what Halo was to the original Xbox,”

link

Great, um, somehow I doubt it.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

Yeah, I have little faith in that one coming true.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FB-Gollum
    Great, um, somehow I doubt it.

I was waiting for someone to bring it up but I didn't think it would be the first post. I totally agree with you guys. What are they thinking. I would say that halo is to xbox like halo3 is to xbox360. hahaha

Master of Pong

Quote Originally Posted by Serg_w
    I was waiting for someone to bring it up but I didn't think it would be the first post. I totally agree with you guys. What are they thinking. I would say that halo is to xbox like halo3 is to xbox360. hahaha
    God, I hope not. I hope this next generation of expensive gaming has more to offer than a sequel. If not, just release Halo3 on the XBox and I'll be happy.

They're just building hype, that's what they are supposed to do.... But anyway, you know what hype did? Hype **** himself.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

You all will be taking back everything you said in 11 days when you see PD0 gameplay at X05. On a side note can't wait to see other games like PG3, Oblivion and COD2 (all of which I have pre-ordered).

perfect dark will be pretty awesome but i doubt it will be what halo was on xbox

i dont think any other game will do what halo did to any console anytime soon.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

PArt of what made Halo Halo was that no one believed it was going to be amazing until they read the initial gushing reviews and then got it home and played it. REally, the next Halo would be a new property like Gears of War or maybe a title that has little buzz around it yet. MS was very fortunate that Halo turned out as the amazing game it did. Personally, I think Oblivion will be the killer app for the 360, but that's more reflective of my personal taste. I don't expect it to sell 10 million copies.

I'm certainly all for seeing more new ideas and franchises hit the gaming scene. There's far too much rerun fever around, and far too few games that will become the "classics" of the future (like Halo).

PD0 Look's sweet but my Vote toward the PD0 is to xbox360 as halo was to xbox..PD0 is a prequel to her sis (PD on nintedo 64) I think that Gears of War might give PD0 a run for her Money...hahaha
    Last edited by SloppyMcProfey; 10-23-2005 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Mistake

Gear of Wars will be great... At least it looks that way. Hope it's even half as good as it looks.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

i personally cant wait for huxley, 5,000 people in one battle just sounds amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyboy
    i personally cant wait for huxley, 5,000 people in one battle just sounds amazing
    The developers said 5000 people per server, not per battle. Just think of World of Warcraft or Everquest for a moment. Now think of it completely in first person perspective. Now put that in the future, with guns instead of swords and humans instead of elfs and whatnot. That's basically what Huxley will be.

Sales wise, it will be the highest selling launch game. So in effect, they're not lying.

Perfect Dark has done nothing to be special or outstanding as far as my thoughts on it. Although neither did Halo1 right away, so I guess if they can just make it a balanced game with a great storyline, multiplayer, and singleplayer it does have the potential of halo. But then again so does any game...

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Have coop-mode then is the bomb.
    Back into the world of gaming.

The first one did so many things new and diffrent. It offered loads of extras and plenty of fresh ideas. It had a great story and multi player elements. It even offered 3 or 4 of the old maps from Goldeneye. This game looks to be one sad follow up.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

of course they are going to say that...
    xbox 360 games owned...Amped 3, NBA2K7 & Guitar Hero 2

Wii games owned: wii play

Thread Information