Poll: Which one should I get?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RockBand2 or GH4?

Default RockBand2 or GH4?

I know this is probably an infinite debate that has probably been ran into the ground the past year in all videogame circles. Well, I for one never entertained these types of games until this past weekend for my birthday.

It was kinda weird, but I went to Hershey Park PA with my friend and she wanted to see some shows to mix things up at the park. So they had this 3:30pm musical show playing that was extremely terrible lyrically.
    this one dude was on the guitar and was having the time of his life, and this lame concert at a theme park inspired me to be interested in these games.
    Go f'n figure something this game influenced me! Even though I am a hip-hop head, I have several rock/alternative CD's from Gun's N Roses Appitite for Destruction & both Use Your Illusions to Korn, and of course Nirvana.

I am very near pre-ordering RockBand2 for my 360 since it comes out 1st, and Harmonix is the originator for this genre.

Any reasons I should wait for the next Guitar Hero's in Oct/Nov?

The guitar for RB2 looks amazing! I know no matter which one I get I will probably look like a damn fool!

ROCK ON!!!!!!!

Komodo Balogne Noodlez HammeredKomodo's Avatar

I started it off with wanting to get GH4 and then I saw the drums had the same circular notes as the guitar and laughed my ass off. Rock Band 2 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by HammeredKomodo View Post
    I started it off with wanting to get GH4 and then I saw the drums had the same circular notes as the guitar and laughed my ass off. Rock Band 2 FTW!
    And what does that have to do with anything? I too, think they should have something different, but it's not as if Rock Band has different notes for the guitar and drums.

Komodo Balogne Noodlez HammeredKomodo's Avatar

Well yeah but the circular notes are ridiculous enough for guitar, but for drums, too? Hahaha.

I'm getting Rock Band 2 and my friend is getting Guitar Hero World Tour. And since the instruments are cross compatible. Double win for me.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I don't think you can go wrong either way, but, I have the first Rock Band and I'm cool with only getting Rock Band 2.

One thing that frustrates me about Guitar Hero is that you can't use the Rock Band Guitar for Guitar Hero; however, you can use the Guitar Hero Guitar for Rockband. So, the people at Rock Band don't seem to be in it to screw customers over by making you required to use only their guitar, like Guitar Hero does. So, to me, that alone makes me prefer Rock Band over Guitar Hero.

I also dig the downloadable content - though, I admit, I haven't seen or do I know of Guitar Hero's situation regarding this. I wouldn't doubt that there is downloadable content, but, I'm not aware of it.

I freakin' love Rock Band, though, so, I'm getting Rock Band 2. I hope all of the songs from the original Rock Band will transfer over to Rock Band 2 (I definately need to check that).

Quote Originally Posted by l Maximus l View Post
    I don't think you can go wrong either way, but, I have the first Rock Band and I'm cool with only getting Rock Band 2.

One thing that frustrates me about Guitar Hero is that you can't use the Rock Band Guitar for Guitar Hero; however, you can use the Guitar Hero Guitar for Rockband. So, the people at Rock Band don't seem to be in it to screw customers over by making you required to use only their guitar, like Guitar Hero does. So, to me, that alone makes me prefer Rock Band over Guitar Hero.

I also dig the downloadable content - though, I admit, I haven't seen or do I know of Guitar Hero's situation regarding this. I wouldn't doubt that there is downloadable content, but, I'm not aware of it.

I freakin' love Rock Band, though, so, I'm getting Rock Band 2. I hope all of the songs from the original Rock Band will transfer over to Rock Band 2 (I definately need to check that).
    All the songs from Rock Band indeed copy over to Rock Band 2.

I'm still not sure which I'll pick up. I'll get whatever has the higher quality instruments, because if the Rock Band 2 instruments are anything like the Rock Band instruments, they'll suck. I've played about 4 different sets of Rock Band instruments, and every single one of them has problems with the drumset.

Quote Originally Posted by l Maximus l View Post
    Thats over with. The it was confirmed that the new instruments on both games will cross over.
    http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...orld_Tour.html

GH has alot of downloadable content, but not to the caliber of Rock Band. I am hearing that your GH3 songs will be able to carry over to World Tour. I am looking forward to playing the new Metallica next week. GH exclusive!

I have been playing GH since the beginning on PS2. Love them all. My old roommate use to have Rock Band. I really liked it. Started getting good at the drums, especially after a few beers.
    I am still torn between the two, but I think I am going to buy the GH:WT bundle, and pick up a copy of RB2. I really like the new guitar GH has with the touch slide bar.
    Edit: found this hands on a few mins ago, check it.
    http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos....html#readmore

Edit 2: I forgot, GH:WT has music creator.
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/882/882958p1.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER9KPF7s-xA
    Last edited by wicked_d365; 09-05-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Does anyone know if the quality of the instruments are any better than the other, and who do you all think has the best play list that has been announced thus far?

I'm really excited about RB2 getting the official 1st single from G'N'R's Chinese Democrosy that will probably never see the light of day.
    Damn you Axl Rose!!! Make peace with Slash! Atleast he got rid of that KFC bucket wearing fool!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Scroll View Post
    Does anyone know if the quality of the instruments are any better than the other, and who do you all think has the best play list that has been announced thus far?

I'm really excited about RB2 getting the official 1st single from G'N'R's Chinese Democrosy that will probably never see the light of day.
    Damn you Axl Rose!!! Make peace with Slash! Atleast he got rid of that KFC bucket wearing fool!
    Buckethead is a good guitarist damnit!

And heres the answer to your question

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...struments.html

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Thanks, Pyro and Wicked...great info!

Well, with that said, just buy both! lol

Honestly, I may be the only guy on the planet that feels this way, but, I actually prefer the Rock Band guitar over the Guitar Hero guitar. I prefer the size, buttons, the overall feel - everything. I don't like how Guitar Hero has the fret buttons so far from eachother...and the GH guitar feels like I'm going to break it.

But, I also miss the old Original FATTY XBox controller, too, so....take that for what it's worth...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fargoth View Post
    Buckethead is a good guitarist damnit!

And heres the answer to your question

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...struments.html
    After reading that over, I'm completely on the fence now. I was leaning towards GH:WT before.

The thing is, the guitar will get more usage with me, and I really do not like Rock Band's guitar at all. I much prefer my Xplorer.

Rock band's difficulty is rather weak once you begin to get good at the game. (I only speak of guitar)

After I beat rock band I never played it again. I only ever play it when other people want to play together. Guitar hero has always been the greater challenge, but I get the feeling they might dumb down the difficulty in the new game to make it more accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kash_14 View Post
    Rock band's difficulty is rather weak once you begin to get good at the game. (I only speak of guitar)

After I beat rock band I never played it again. I only ever play it when other people want to play together. Guitar hero has always been the greater challenge, but I get the feeling they might dumb down the difficulty in the new game to make it more accessible.
    Cool, for newbies to the genre like me!

And I read the link. I'm not too sold, because they didnt really make too much of any improvements on last years instruments. I heard about the drums breaking and things like that. I figured with the heated battle between these two games that leaps and bounds would have been made with the instruments.
    I never picked up a RB guitar, but I did pick up a GH3 guitar at a BestBuy kiosk, and it felt light, and cheap. Does the RB guitar feel the same or better quality?
    Man, I feel like true newb on this subject.

No one really answered the song playlist question?
    Last edited by Ninja Scroll; 09-06-2008 at 08:18 AM.

GH all the way, I only played GHIII but I love it, rockband looks more, eh, to me. I dunno, just doesn't seem like something I would play, with the drums voice whatever ya know?

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

I really like Rock Band, but this year, now that Guitar Hero has drums and stuff. Where is the innovation for Rock Band? GH has the whole studio thing, whatever its called, battle of the bands, and new guitar and drums. So why buy Rock Band when its basically the same thing? I might be wrong but I haven't heard anything thats brand new for RB other than wireless guitar and the kool drums for like 300 dollars. So I will most likely buy GH and rent RB from gamefly cause I already have a bunch of guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenic Pyro View Post
    After reading that over, I'm completely on the fence now. I was leaning towards GH:WT before.

The thing is, the guitar will get more usage with me, and I really do not like Rock Band's guitar at all. I much prefer my Xplorer.
    They changed the rock band guitar. Its less "squishy". So the strumming is better.

Rock band is doing a cool little thing where you can transfer ALL RB1 songs over to RB2...rendering RB1 useless.

Do you have to pay for the transfer?

$5...$5 for the convenience of never having to switch discs

21. Thread Information