Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition officially announced for Xbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Morrowind Game of the Year Edition officially announced for Xbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    May 12, 2003 (Rockville, MD) - Bethesda Softworks® today announced that it will release a Morrowind Game of the Year™ (GotY) edition for the Xbox™ video game system from Microsoft that will include the original version of its award-winning RPG The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind®, along with content from the two Morrowind expansions: Tribunal™ and Bloodmoon™. This new product will allow gamers to continue their existing games of Morrowind and experience the new quests and areas offered by the expansions, while players who have never played the Best RPG of 2002 can experience Morrowind on Xbox for the first time with all of the added content.

Morrowind was the best-selling and most highly acclaimed RPG for Xbox in 2002, earning Game of the Year and Best RPG awards from numerous publications and sites, including Official Xbox Magazine, Gamespot, Team Xbox, and Xbox Evolved.

"This is something the Xbox community has been screaming for…and it's finally coming," said Todd Howard, executive producer for The Elder Scrolls® series. "Players can take their existing characters and continue their adventures in a new product, which is a first for a console game like this."

An epic, open-ended single-player RPG, Morrowind allows you to create and play any kind of character imaginable. You can choose to follow the main storyline and find the source of the evil blight that plagues the land, or set off on your own to explore strange locations and develop your character based on their actions throughout the game. Featuring stunning 3D graphics, open-ended gameplay, and an incredible level of detail and interactivity, Morrowind offers a gameplay experience like no other.

In Tribunal, you journey to the capital city of Morrowind, called Mournhold, to meet the other two god-kings of Morrowind, Almalexia and Sotha Sil. Your journey will lead you to the Clockwork City of Sotha Sil and massive, epic-sized dungeons, where strange and deadly creatures await you, including goblins, lich lords, and the mysterious Fabricants.

Bloodmoon takes you to the frozen Island of Solstheim where you'll experience snow, blizzards, and new creatures, including frost trolls, ice minions, and wolves…just to name a few. You'll have a choice of stories to follow and have the opportunity to defend the colony, take control over how the colony is built up, and eliminate the werewolves. Or, you can decide to join the werewolves and become one of them, opening up a whole new style of gameplay.

"This solution allows us to cater to those who already own Morrowind for Xbox and want new quests, new areas to explore…new things to do and see," said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. "At the same time, if you've never played Morrowind you have the opportunity to fully experience the original game as well as a wealth of new things to see and do…all in one box."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link: http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.p...rview.htm&bg=10

Key Features-

Players can take their existing Morrowind characters and save games and continue their adventures in the Morrowind GotY edition - a first for a console game like this

Adds up to 80 hours of new gameplay and quests for current Morrowind players

Explore the forests, caves, and snow-covered wastelands of the island of Solstheim

Delve into new, epic-sized dungeons and visit the Capital City of Mournhold and the Clockwork City of Sotha Sil

Fight new creatures including bears and wolves, lich lords and goblins, ice minions and spriggans

Direct the construction of a mining colony and face the threat of savage werewolves

Become a werewolf and indulge your thirst for the hunt.
    New armor and weapons including Nordic Mail and Ice blades

FAQs-

What is included in the Game of the Year (GotY) edition?
    The Morrowind GotY includes the original content of Morrowind plus all of the content from the Bloodmoon and Tribunal expansions. This allows you to take your character to the capital city of Mournhold, to the frozen island of Solstheim, and other locations as part of the content from Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Also added are new creatures, new armor and weapons, and much more. For more information on Bloodmoon or Tribunal, check their game sections.

Does it include everything from the original Morrowind?
    Yes.

Does it require the original Morrowind Xbox game to play?
    No. Morrowind GotY is a stand-alone game.

If I already own Morrowind, can I use my existing save games/character?
    Yes, the Morrowind Game of the Year edition will load your previous Morrowind save games and allow you to experience the new content with an existing character. The new areas of Bloodmoon and Tribunal are designed to be played by any character at any time, whether you are just starting, in the middle, or have already finished the main quest of Morrowind.

Does it include all the quests and other world content from Bloodmoon and Tribunal?
    Yes, it includes all the quests, items, new areas, and challenge from the two PC expansions. This adds up two between 40 and 80 hours of additional gameplay, depending on how many of the quests you do.

Does it include new features from Bloodmoon and Tribunal?
    Yes, it includes many new features such as the enemy health bar, difficulty slider, and other interface improvements.

Are there any features not included?
    It does not include the journal quest sorting or placing map notes, because they are not console-friendly features.

When will it be available?
    Morrowind GotY will be available this Fall.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Sweet. That means the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions are included.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

So Sweet ... I absolutely Love Morrowind =]. This has just made my day =]. This should also give them a chance to fix some of the rather nasty bugs that have been bothering me lately =].

Originally posted by Dal_nar
    So Sweet ... I absolutely Love Morrowind =]. This has just made my day =]. This should also give them a chance to fix some of the rather nasty bugs that have been bothering me lately =].
    Dal see my new post in the off topic area.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

sweet.

I can't wait for this to come out.

I look forward to that whole colony feature thing
    May 6th, 2003 -9:15 PM- Won AirFlo Controller in Contest Hidden Content

Originally posted by echohype
    sweet.

I can't wait for this to come out.

I look forward to that whole colony feature thing
    Man if you did not like that sig I can get you another, no prob. If I can help at all let me know!

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

How about the price ? Something like around 35 bucks is okay for me...whatever more than that...uhh..:o
    Back into the world of gaming.

I say it deserves a price tag of 50$. Both expansions on the PC cost about half of the full game. So two expansions on one disk should equal a full game pricetag.
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Xcellent, i will definately buy this! I agree with Merimac, two expansions is reasonable at $50, especially the Morrowind expansions!
    "Hes got 24 hours its more than most of us get - all most of us get is mind that bus - what bus - splat!"

Morrowind:GOTY? What happened to Morrowind Gold! Much cooler title... Anyways I will probably pick this one up, and see how my character fares in the expansions. I have taken to calling my character 'superman' as he is as fast (if not faster) than a speeding bullet and can actually jump over tall buildings now... all without the aid of spells. I bet of there were a train in morrowind he could stop it too...

Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
    Morrowind:GOTY? What happened to Morrowind Gold! Much cooler title... Anyways I will probably pick this one up, and see how my character fares in the expansions. I have taken to calling my character 'superman' as he is as fast (if not faster) than a speeding bullet and can actually jump over tall buildings now... all without the aid of spells. I bet of there were a train in morrowind he could stop it too...
    LOL I hear you on that one, I was making very cool weapons that could make me do all sort of stuff.

Just so you know Morrowind:GOTY cost $30 for the XBox and the tradein for Morrowind(XBox) is $8.

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

Originally posted by Knight
    Just so you know Morrowind:GOTY cost $30 for the XBox and the tradein for Morrowind(XBox) is $8.
    Yeah man, that's how bad it is

I hope I didnt delete Morrowind off my HDD...

Wondering Around

hmm, i may have to pick this one up, I never did put many hours into morrowind (maybe 20 - 25), but this sounds like it would be worth it.

First dude to buy KOTOR

Well, none of you listened to me. BOTH expansions are coming to xbox, I told you so. Anyways, I will own it all, being a werewolf sucks btw, you have to eat npcs to stay alive (you should have to do the same as a vampire) and if you are in the middle of the woods and you change, well, you're dead. I will be getting PC anyways, I can't wait till fall.
    Page 27: Good traders list, traded with: Brevity
    [Force Choke] You will show me the proper respect!

this answer to all of you that were saying that we would never get the expansion on pc
    Hidden Content I am GameFreak I already know that

Finally! I was thinking about buying a new computer just so I could play the Morrowind Expansion packs and Everquest. Thank god, I don't have to now!
    Hidden Content
    "You do not truely know someone until you have fought them."
    -Seraph

I read this a few days ago, and I gotta tell you I crapped myself. Then I noticed it's not coming out until fall, remembered Morrowind's delays, and crapped myself again! Those were good pants.

yep, fall is the month it comes out, so excited.
    Hidden Content This game is fictional, any similarities to any groups, persons, or other entities are COMPLETLY coincidential.Hidden Content

Thread Information