Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nfl Street, Is it true?

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

Shocked Nfl Street, Is it true?

Wow, i have been hearing and reading a lot of good things about this game. This really suprises me since i thought it was gonna be a really really really crappy game. Ign gave it a freaking 9.2

Looks like I am gonna have to try this one out

Default Re: Nfl Street, Is it true?

Originally posted by DocHoliday78
    Wow, i have been hearing and reading a lot of good things about this game. This really suprises me since i thought it was gonna be a really really really crappy game. Ign gave it a freaking 9.2

Looks like I am gonna have to try this one out
    I just got my Gamepro issue in the mail a couple days ago and they put the Game on their Cover...anyways in their so-called 'World Exclusive First Review' they basically said it was fun playing the game by yourself only for a bit...You have to play it with other people to really enjoy it, otherwise it gets repetitive and borning after a while...I don't know, after reading their review, I'm now going to buy NBA 2K4, at least I'll try out the infamous '24/7' mode...can't wait.

For XBOX:
    Graphics: 4.5
    Sound: 4.5
    Control: 4.0

Fun Factor (overall): 4.0

ign gives 9's to eveeryone

Originally posted by Xbox Owner
    ign gives 9's to eveeryone
    Yes, this is very true, and I'm starting to notice that OXM gives 9's to a lot of games.

Prior

Nfl streets looks great can't wait to play btu i would like if ea made like Fifa Streets or somethign like that it would sick-out

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Probably worth a rental to check it out first, IMO.

Take It As It Comes TegSkywalker's Avatar

Originally posted by Prior
    Nfl streets looks great can't wait to play btu i would like if ea made like Fifa Streets or somethign like that it would sick-out
    It would stick out as the game that nobody bought. Maybe popular for a short time in Europe, but instant bargain bin in the USA.
    Current Xbox Live Games: Counter-Strike, Project Gotham Racing 2, Splinter Cell: PT.

I was going to ask about Live play, but then I remembered this is an EA title, and therefore the answer is no, and therefore I will not give this the time of day.

I am only planning on buying one NFL game, and it for sure wont be NFL Street..

this game looks isanley idiotic. Why anyone would pay 50 bucks for it is beyond me.

I got a feeling too that the price for this game is gonna plumet down to the 20 dollar range. I will wait and see what the gamerankings.com average is.

In Amber Clad

It looks sweet but like Brimstone said, only fun by yourself because their is really no possibility for a deep season mode or anything. Worth trying, but wait till it drops to buy like i did with the first of my favorite hockey games: Hitz 20-02. I think this copy will be successful as opposed to the NBA version jsut because it is football.

I'll wait till someone else buys it and see how it is. I think it'll be a great game. NFL Street/Vol.2 were succesfull games and I think NFL Street will be like them. NOt a lot of fun playing by yourself, but very fun playing with others.

same... I wont bother with the game... it just isnt appealing to me, or others.... o well.. its better than some games!

I saw the commercial for it, I think it looks like a horrible game. Street & NBA go together in the sense of odd moves, showing off, that kinda stuff, it just doesn't work with football, nobody plays football like that, IMO its just Madden on the streets rather than an actual playing field, and cheap uniforms (If you want to call it that).

I don't thin that it will be nearly as fun as NBA street, because their is no street league for football. I mean, what cool moves can you do in football. I just saw some throwns under the leg, and that's about it. I will probably rent it, but I son't think that it will be worth buying.
    Hidden Content
    "Happiness is having a scratch for every itch."-Ogden Nash

This game has actually grabbed my attention, but I'll wait for some more reviews before making an actual decision.

Well I plan on picking it up. I remember back when NBA Street first came out, people said the same thing about it as well. NFL Street is Blitz but done by EA instead of Midway. 7 on 7 football with all the features you wished Blitz had. I know I will be having fun with it. I have fun with NBA Street Vol.2 in single player, so I see no reason why I wont have fun with NFL Street.

It is a EA game. EA games are bad for Xbox and bad for gaming. Until they go live do not support there crap.
    Hidden Content

In the war of the worlds, the world will lose!

Well i finally played nfl street and i am loving it. IT has a great "franchise mode" where you can ;make your own players earn development poijnts and unlock goodies. I have a blast when its with 2 or more players. Give this a rent at the least.

Thread Information