Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm boycotting EA

Default I'm boycotting EA

I'm boycotting EA until the y suppot Xbox Live, who's with me!?

Wow, I'm sure EA will notice .
    Btw, not with you.
    Hidden Content
    Props for the sweet sig to xbocks.

Default Re: I'm boycotting EA

Originally posted by nateman
    Good for you.

*plays BF1942*

you go ahead and do that...meanwhile, im be playin 007: everything or nothing
    Mortal Kombat 6 begins fall 2004...
    Hidden Content
    MUST-HAVES for 2004
    1. Mortal Kombat: Deception
    2. Def Jam Vendetta
    3. The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape From Butcher Bay
    4.BC
    5. Halo 2
    6. DOOM 3
    7.Burnout 3
    8. The Movies
    9. Serious Sam 2

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Stand in line, man...lol...there's tons of dudes on here boycotting EA. I can't remember the last EA game I ever bought, so, I guess I'm right there with you, too

By the way, welcome to the XBA brethren

Ugunnalose

yeah good luck with that in the meantime im gonna go play some kickass ea games

Some EA games are good. Even if they're not on live. And their PC games are killer. But it would be alot better if they would make some live games.
    -Mark

Originally posted by Ugunnalose
    yeah good luck with that in the meantime im gonna go play some kickass ea games
    Yea by yourself and not on XBL!

how do you know he'll be playin by himself? he could be playin spit-screen with a friend.
    Mortal Kombat 6 begins fall 2004...
    Hidden Content
    MUST-HAVES for 2004
    1. Mortal Kombat: Deception
    2. Def Jam Vendetta
    3. The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape From Butcher Bay
    4.BC
    5. Halo 2
    6. DOOM 3
    7.Burnout 3
    8. The Movies
    9. Serious Sam 2

Honestly, the only decent console EA games are the sports games, IMO...and those got buried by the recent blow through with the ESPN series.

(in valley girl voice) This is sooo last year.

Come on dude. Games do not HAVE to be live to be good. How about we boycott Rockstar for not making GTA online? Or how about Vivendi for not making Metal Arms live? While we're at it lets sue Bungie and MS for not making the original Halo Live? I mean the technology was available to them they should have used it or never put it on the Xbox! Come on... this is like refusing to play baseball if you cant be the pitcher or football if you cant be the quarterback.

Originally posted by LiquidX

Come on dude. Games do not HAVE to be live to be good. How about we boycott Rockstar for not making GTA online? Or how about Vivendi for not making Metal Arms live? While we're at it lets sue Bungie and MS for not making the original Halo Live? I mean the technology was available to them they should have used it or never put it on the Xbox! Come on... this is like refusing to play baseball if you cant be the pitcher or football if you cant be the quarterback.

GTA doesn't even have multiplayer.And with Halo, it was out before Xbox Live could be tweaked on it.

me and my brothers are with you man... theres always an alternative to any EA games and IMO i dont liket thier games anywayz..i wont buy any of thier games till they make a xbox live soccer game
    Hidden Content
    xba good traders lists pg 33, and 34.

GTA doesn't even have multiplayer.And with Halo, it was out before Xbox Live could be tweaked on it.
    GTA has multiplayer on the PC. You have to download something but Rockstar COULD have done it. Microsoft knew they were going to have Live so they COULD have done it too. Just because there is no live doesnt mean the game should be avoided at all costs.

XBOX IS THE FUTURE

so far i own 35 games and none of those are from EA,so i am with you buddy and don't pay attetion to those who like to play alone in dark,just keep the boycott going like me,EA sucks
    all eyez on me

Truthfully, if a game is good, i am going to play it no matter who makes it. I dont really play sports games, so i could care less about ea in that respect, but i do have The two towers, and plan on getting return of the king after a price drop. And as far as pc's go, its BF 1942 all the way
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination." - Mark Twain

XBOX IS THE FUTURE

Originally posted by jelgiad
    Truthfully, if a game is good, i am going to play it no matter who makes it. I dont really play sports games, so i could care less about ea in that respect, but i do have The two towers, and plan on getting return of the king after a price drop. And as far as pc's go, its BF 1942 all the way
    it's all about CALL OF DUTY these days and soon HALF-LIFE 2 will take the tittle back as the best pc game ever.
    Last edited by colosso; 02-15-2004 at 11:39 PM.
    all eyez on me

Sit down and Shut up!!!!! CharlieHustle's Avatar

Originally posted by LiquidX

Liquid what are you talkin about??you are coming way from the left field... I believe that he is talkin about the fact that EA games are online for the ps2, but not online because of the politics of being LIVE enabled... I feel cheated that the PS2 users are gonna have online play for their upcoming boxing game, and us xbox users are not, just like madden and what not. Its not like ea doesnt know how to make the games online, they just chose not to, thats all.. I dont actually boycot ea games, i just choose not to play their games because i feel cheated that i pay the same 50 bones for an ea game like the PS2 users and my games are worth less than the other console. They should make their games for the XBOX 39.99 since we cant play them online but the ps2 users can.

All im saying is just because its not live doesnt instantly make it a bad game that no one should ever buy. If you refuse to buy a game just because its not live (which some people do) your just limiting your gaming experience. That $39.99 for the EA games since theyre not live is a great idea though.

It seems obvious to me that if a person is very interested in playing XBox Live enabled games to simply boycott EA because of their stubborness for making games XBL compatible.

I mean, many of EA's games are on-line compatible for the PoS2 and, of course, PC...but, not XBox.

I will agree that EA makes some great games, however, I don't respect any company that wants control of their fan base by making Madden 2003 on-line compatible but then "pulls the plug", so to speak, when Madden 2004 comes out...and only Madden 2004 can be played on-line.

Microsoft went another route. Let's say you had NFL Fever 2003....and the year now is 2008. If you wanted to play Fever 2003 on-line in the year 2008 on XBox Live, you could.

This is EA's biggest gripe about Microsoft's XBox Live. If you ask me, EA is in the wrong.......and if any game company could be known as the "Dictator of Games", it would be EA.

Honestly, there's no game that EA makes that can't be topped by another company....none.

Thread Information