Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doom 3 or SC: CT?

xbAWOL

Default Doom 3 or SC: CT?

Which do you think I should get?

I was thinking, Doom 3 is cheaper on the PC, and they have the new expansion for it. But that co-op on XBL is so damn tempting.

Then there is SC: CT, definitely would get this for Xbox vs. the PC. The co-op is sounding sweet.

So actually my question is really two, which should I get first, and PC or Xbox??

If your PC can run it, I'd say get Doom 3 for the PC only. I'm doing the same, and picking up my copy of Chaos Theory for the Xbox tomorrow (or today, if I'm lucky).

Darkness is Inevitable TRSundown's Avatar

I'm not a big fan of Doom 3. If you want a great first person shooter for the PC get Far Cry... That game is sweet.

Doom 3 was actually scary for about 30 seconds... then after 30 minutes it got reallllly repetative. Its more of the same over and over and over... the monsters get harder to kill but over all its pretty lame. Dont get me wrong, the graphics are sweet (almost as good as Far Cry) but thats not enough.

SC: CT. DOOM 3 is a fun game, but suffers from repatition and lackluster online play. The (PC) game is beautiful no doubt, but SC:CT will last you much longer. I beat D3 in about 10-12 hours havn't played it since.

Quote Originally Posted by TRSundown
    I'm not a big fan of Doom 3. If you want a great first person shooter for the PC get Far Cry... That game is sweet.

Doom 3 was actually scary for about 30 seconds... then after 30 minutes it got reallllly repetative. Its more of the same over and over and over... the monsters get harder to kill but over all its pretty lame. Dont get me wrong, the graphics are sweet (almost as good as Far Cry) but thats not enough.
    LMAO are you kidding me... doom 3's graphics are the best next to half life 2

i d go with the XBox u can play CO Op, What is cooler than that(online i mean).

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief21
    i d go with the XBox u can play CO Op, What is cooler than that(online i mean).
    Drinking and posting huh?!

I would go with Doom 3. I don't like SC. So I am bias.

Id say SC if you already got the PC one, but I'm getting both so I'm bias :P
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Now that I own both, get Splinter Cell. It'll last you longer.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Well, i just have a chance to play Doom 3 on Xbox, yea, just got a copy of it before the release. The graphics isn't that bad like those screens floating around the web, is look sharp and great like the PC version. By the way, get Splinter Cell if you already have Doom 3 on PC or else, get both of them.

Get Doom 3 for the Xbox....

No, no witty retort this time, just get the damn thing, already!
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Spartan17
    Can someone please tell me how to get on MS paint and get a good sig

doom 3, another SC is so ****ing lame. I feel like the second one came out yesterday.

Doom 3 is the way to go for sure.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Get both.
    "If there is enough religion to instill war, why isn't there enough to instill tolerance?"

Dbrizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Casper
    If your PC can run it, I'd say get Doom 3 for the PC only. I'm doing the same, and picking up my copy of Chaos Theory for the Xbox tomorrow (or today, if I'm lucky).
    What caspy said.^^

SCCT is fun but the COOP is kinda short but luckily there are lotsa difficulties and so many ways to do everything. Versus mode is definatley a blast though.
    My plan is to just buy both and if i really start to love doom3 alot over the other or if i just hate doom3 i will sell the leftover one. Hey mabye you can buy it from me!

Quote Originally Posted by blonks
    LMAO are you kidding me... doom 3's graphics are the best next to half life 2
    Ehh, I say Far Cry is definitely up there with Doom3 and HL2, graphically. But Doom 3 bump maps the crap out of everything.

Anyway, Doom3 wasn't all that great on PC. The addition of a coop mode, and few other changes might merit a revisit, which is a rental. I'm sold on SC:CT, after playing both the solo demo on PC and Xbox, as well as the multiplayer beta for PC.

Now that my debit card works, I just grabbed SC:CT. See you laginas on live.
    Last edited by Spartan-XBA; 04-01-2005 at 09:53 PM.

xbAWOL

Well I got SC: CT a couple days ago, and now I'm very interested in the Doom 3 collectors edition. I mean the throwback games, that is pretty sweet.

Starving College Student

having played Doom on PC and CT on Xbox, i'd say get CT...Doom 3 has an amazing singleplayer and a decent multiplayer, CT has an amazing singleplayer and an amazing multiplayer.
    get chaos theory, you won't regret it.
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I'm going to get one and I think I'm leaning towards SC:CT.
    Hidden Content quality="high"width="400"height="120"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

Thread Information