Thread: Whats your favorite game of the year?

XBA Forum Administrator Shawn-XBA's Avatar

Default Whats your favorite game of the year?

Hey guys,

Whats the game you had the most fun playing this year and why?

What arcade game did you like the most?

I will post mine a little later

Follow me on Twitter: Hidden Content
    Watch me on Twitch: Hidden Content
    Subscribe on YouTube: Hidden Content
    Email/Skype: Hidden Content

VIDEO GAMER SINCE 1976 GamerSince'76's Avatar

Halo 3 because of the story, gameplay, characters and controls. Runner up: CoD4. Add to that games like Mass Effect and this has been a great year for gamers. One epic game after another.
    MY GAMES: GEARS OF WAR 2 // LEFT 4 DEAD // CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR // HALO 3 // DEAD SPACE // oo7 QUANTUM OF SOLACE //

So far I'm torn between COD4 and Assassin's. Though this will probably change once Canada gets Rock Band.

For arcade, I put a LOT of hours into Worms and Bomberman, though Ikaruga is THE arcade title I'm waiting for
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Bioshock. The story, graphics, music, weapons and atmosphere.

Assassin's Creed.

I love games that enable you to be somewhat sneaky.

I just wish that they'd take these games to the next level and give you way more interactivity and more clever ways to kill people.

This game is also really long I've heard.

I'm barely in Block 4 right now.
    The blackness of my belt is like that on the inside of a coffin on a moonless night.

Hidden Content

Slowride

My favorite game of 07 is easily CoD4.

My favorite arcade game was aegis wing. For a few days that was a lot of fun, and best of all free.
    Last edited by Slowride; 11-23-2007 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Variation get your ass back on cod

Wondering Around

For me, probobably Dirt. Assasin's is a close 2nd though. (I didn't play many games this year). I haven't really played any arcade games to speak of.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Halo 3, no doubt. I own COD4 and Tiger Woods '08 and both are still in the plastic. I have been so busy with my wife being pregnant...working overtime with taking care of the house and stuff. I'll get to them soon, though...but, so far, Halo 3, there's no question.

Rock Band & BioShock.

XBA Forum Administrator Shawn-XBA's Avatar

This year is very hard for me to pick a favorite because of the amount of great games this year, but I'm going to have to say Halo 3 is my favorite. Single player was very fun and enjoyable and it has an awesome multiplayer experience.

Follow me on Twitter: Hidden Content
    Watch me on Twitch: Hidden Content
    Subscribe on YouTube: Hidden Content
    Email/Skype: Hidden Content

guitar hero 3
    halo 3's gameplay is great and all but the campaign is to short the multiplayer levels are pretty bad

Feeding my pet moose HaZarD SFD's Avatar

I gotta say COD4.. Its taken over Halo 3 basically.. Assassins Creed is in close 3rd just because I have it and dont play it hardly as much as COD4

Halo 3 was sort of dissapointing to me but right now I am really enjoying Mass Effect!!
    Thanks Nazareth
    Hidden Content

That would have to be COD4 and Mass Effect. I'm just getting into ME now, but it's a really great game, very engrossing.

As far as Arcade games? I don't really have one, since i don't really bother playing them. I bought a 360 to play 360 games.

im going to be completely honest,it had to be GOW even though i cant stand that game now it was still the most fun game i played this year. i cant explain it....

Halo 3, Bioshock, and Call of Duty 4. It's hard to decide which one.

XBLA is Puzzle Quest for sure. Retail would probably be NHL 08, Forza 2 or PGR4 but I can't decide. Then again there were a bunch of other games I had fun with that could even sneak into my 360 GOTY like EDF. And while short games like BioShock were still great. Was a good year for 360

Orange Box (Or TF2 to be more specific) is my overall GOTY but I went with it on PC and not 360.
    Hidden Content
    XBL: Spinoff90 -- Xfire: spinoff90 -- PSN: Hayabusa85 -- Wii: 2666 8965 0459 0136
    Hidden Content -- Hidden Content -- Hidden Content

BIOSHOCK........ then Mass Effect and Halo 3 , kinda felt cheated on Halo 3, but I think thats because It was a Halo game through and through , not that thats a bad thing , but I always felt "been there done that" all through the game ,

BIOSHOCK was just amazing around every corner , Mass Effect is just a solid RPG .....I would also throw Oblivion in there somewhere
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

Everyone picking Halo 3 must a big fan, cause it wasn't that great really. Same ending as the first game, just a bigger world to drive/play in.

COD4 is a fun game, but it's very buggy online. I have a bug where I can't play with my main gamertag in ranked mutilplayer. But I found a workaround that lets me play, WITHOUT using any unlocked weapons or perks, sucks.

Bioshock was fun at first, the world is very cool. But something about it just feels like it's another shooter with more gimmicks. Played through 2/3rds then lost interest.

No matter what you pick, it's personal choice. Heck I had fun playing PGR4 and Ace Combat as well, don't see anybody mentioning those games.

Thread Information