I don't know if this was posted earlier but I read this in an e-mail sent to me by GameSpy:

Talent agency Creative Artists Agency last year negotiated with Microsoft Game Studios to turn its first-party PC and Xbox Games into TV shows or movies, The Hollywood Reporter states. The company aims for a feature film based on Xbox action title Halo, while it collaborates with Oddworld creators Lorne Lanning and Sherry McKenna to bring their vision of Abe beyond the game realm and into TV and movies. Already CAA represents Will Wright -- who is pitching two TV show concepts based on The Sims franchise -- and former Microsoft executive Jordain Weisman and his new company Wizkids, which hopes to bring its fantasy role-playing game Mage Knights to linear entertainment. The article also quotes American McGee and Todd Hollenshead.

From what it says is that they want to make a Halo movie. But is it just me or do a lot of movies based on games suck? If Halo ever does have a film created for it I hope Bungie makes sure they don't screw it up.