Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Gaiden delayed once again...

Default Ninja Gaiden delayed once again...

Boy, I bet it'll come out mid-March at least. It's now delayed (at least that's what it says on EBGames and Gamespot), the new date is 23/2/04...

Comments?

:twirls finger:

and this is surprising because?
    RIP Dave

Uh actually no. Team Ninja released a statement the other day saying Ninja Gaiden in fact would be released in Feb.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The upside of publishing a game as eagerly anticipated as Ninja Gaiden is you know it will debut to massive sales. The downside is that you have to deal with massive interest in the form of gamers'--and reporters'--constant inquires about its release date.

Fielding those inquiries is the lot of John Inada, Tecmo Inc.'s director general manager and of sales and marketing. Following several game vendors' tweaking of Ninja Gaiden's release date--which has shifted from 2/10 to 2/17 on GameStop and 2/23 on EBGames--Inada felt obligated to address a fresh wave of delay rumors. "Retailers typically set their own 'expected release date' based on our status report," he told GameSpot. However, the game's official release date still hasn't been nailed down. "Unfortunately, we can not give you a specific date now except to say that the game is coming out in February as we have been saying all along," said Inada.

As to the root cause of Ninja Gaiden's nebulous ship date, Inada cited the large amount of last-minute fine-tuning such a high-level Xbox Live title requires. "Both Microsoft certification team and Team Ninja are working around the clock to bring this highly anticipated game to the consumers as quickly as possible without any compromise on the quality," he said. Inada also revealed that Ninja Gaiden has become a victim of its own success. "Initial order quantity by the retailers is much higher than we had anticipated, and this may add extra days to the normal manufacturing lead time."

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action...ws_6086895.html

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Originally posted by TheRightIsRight
    Uh actually no. Team Ninja released a statement the other day saying Ninja Gaiden in fact would be released in Feb.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The upside of publishing a game as eagerly anticipated as Ninja Gaiden is you know it will debut to massive sales. The downside is that you have to deal with massive interest in the form of gamers'--and reporters'--constant inquires about its release date.

Fielding those inquiries is the lot of John Inada, Tecmo Inc.'s director general manager and of sales and marketing. Following several game vendors' tweaking of Ninja Gaiden's release date--which has shifted from 2/10 to 2/17 on GameStop and 2/23 on EBGames--Inada felt obligated to address a fresh wave of delay rumors. &quot;Retailers typically set their own 'expected release date' based on our status report,&quot; he told GameSpot. However, the game's official release date still hasn't been nailed down. &quot;Unfortunately, we can not give you a specific date now except to say that the game is coming out in February as we have been saying all along,&quot; said Inada.

As to the root cause of Ninja Gaiden's nebulous ship date, Inada cited the large amount of last-minute fine-tuning such a high-level Xbox Live title requires. &quot;Both Microsoft certification team and Team Ninja are working around the clock to bring this highly anticipated game to the consumers as quickly as possible without any compromise on the quality,&quot; he said. Inada also revealed that Ninja Gaiden has become a victim of its own success. &quot;Initial order quantity by the retailers is much higher than we had anticipated, and this may add extra days to the normal manufacturing lead time.&quot;

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action...ws_6086895.html
    I like that post better

I really dont want it to be delayed again.. I very Much look forward to getting it. But I guess with all the other games I currently have to play.. I will live.

I hope it still comes out in february, I got nothing to play except Crimson Skies which is still fun, but you know, it gets old after a while. I want my ninja now plz..........

I am gald its been delayed. I cant afford it right now anyways and would rather see the extra time go into plus...plus I want to be the 1st person on meh block to own in

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

No matter what happen, i know i will get it in march.
    Back into the world of gaming.

I dont care when it comes out and long as it is good.

Originally posted by Unreal
    I dont care when it comes out and long as it is good.
    Im with you. I don't mind a few more months of polish.

Team Ninja has already said the game will be released in Feb. The game could still be delayed again, but I doubt it. I just know that I will have a copy spinning in my Xbox on the day of Ninja Gaiden's release.
    Hidden Content
    Currently Playing
    Fable (Xbox)
    Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)
    Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (Xbox)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

This game will own...and I shall own it

Here's a novel idea; no more release date threads. What is there to discuss? I only want to hear what the publisher or the developer says. I am sick of hearing something was pushed back when it was never given a solid, viable release date.

This is MY HOME

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

From now on i dont give a damn what the release date is. Untill i see it on the shelf of my local store its not out yet.

Skankeez

Originally posted by George89
    13 extra days isn't too bad
    better than like 13 extra weeks, or in FABLE's case 13 extra months

delays, delays. oh well, nothing we can do cept sit here and wait...

BTW whats the deal with preorders? If there is a release date change, does that null your order, or since you already paid, you get the game whenever it comes out, delayed or not?

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA

better than like 13 extra weeks, or in FABLE's case 13 extra months
    Nooo....do not state like that or...nevermind.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Man it amazes me how many of you either don't read, can't read or choose not to read. The friggin game hasn't been delayed. Team Ninja has offically said Febuary.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

In Amber Clad

Originally posted by xbocks
    delays, delays. oh well, nothing we can do cept sit here and wait...

BTW whats the deal with preorders? If there is a release date change, does that null your order, or since you already paid, you get the game whenever it comes out, delayed or not?
    It doesn't matter when the game comes out, if you preordered (and put some money down) you will be "guaranteed" a copy of the game whenever it is released.

BinaryXtreme

Originally posted by TheRightIsRight
    Man it amazes me how many of you either don't read, can't read or choose not to read. The friggin game hasn't been delayed. Team Ninja has offically said Febuary.
    Yeah right. Officially? Unreal The Awakening had an,
    official,release date of 11-17-03. Not out yet. I could go on forever. I will believe it when it hits the store shelves.

So you believe a video game store over the games developer and publisher? Thats a strange method to go by. If that was the case Halo2 would've been out a long time ago because EB originally had Halo 2's release date as 6/1/03.

If Team Ninja says Feburary, then Feburary it most likely will be. EB and Gamespot have absolutely no idea when the release date will be. They simply put those dates there as fill ins until an offical date is given. They even tell you the "dates are subject to change and have not been verified by the developer." Come on.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here

Thread Information